cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropouts

Clarity3

Dropouts

Since joining Plusnet Fibre, I have suffered numerous dropouts. Having raised a question witht support and after several weeks having a relatively stable system, yesterday I had three dropouts in 12 hours.

The support engineer had told the dropouts I am seeing are with the expected tolerance but not an actual quantitive measure. Can anyone tell me what this might be?. In my opinion, one when communicationg via broadband, is unacceptable.

Incidently, my issue was handled through the 'Questions' process but now this case has been closed, I don't appear to be able to raise a new question. Is this method no longer available?

3 REPLIES 3
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Re: Dropouts

Hi @Clarity3,

Thank you for getting in touch. I'm sorry for any inconvenience that this issue is causing you. There isn't a specific measure that we use for how many drops over a particular period of time would indicate a fault, but as a general rule of thumb we'd say that we would expect six drops or fewer over a 72 hour period and that anything more than this is likely to indicate a problem.

Your connection has had three drops over the last 72 hours:

and testing your line isn't picking up any issues and indicates that your line is currently syncing at 21.8mbps which is at the top end of the line's estimate of 13-22mbps.

GEA Test Detail
Circuit ID NA Service ID BBEUXXXXXXXX

Test Outcome Pass
Test Outcome Code GTC_FTTC_SERVICE_0000
Description GEA service test completed and no fault found .
Main Fault Location OK
Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 21.8 Mbps
Upstream Speed 2.3 Mbps
Appointment Required N
Fault Report Advised N
NTE Power Status PowerOn
Voice Line Test Result Pass
Bridge Tap Not Detected
Radio Frequency Ingress Not Detected
Repetitive Electrical Impulse Noise Not Detected
Cross Talk Not Detected
Estimated Line Length In Metres 1494.7
Upstream Rate Assessment Very Good
Downstream Rate Assessment Very Good
Interference Pattern Not Detected
Service Impact No Impact Observed
Home Wiring Problem Not Detected
Downstream Policing Discard Rate 0.0
Customer Traffic Level Upstream and Downstream Traffic Detected
Technology VDSL
Profile Name 0.128M-40M Downstream 3dB, Retransmission High - 0.128M-10M Upstream, Error Protection Off
Time Stamp 2018-08-01T14:30:00
Parameters MIN MAX AVG
Down Stream Line Rate 20.8 Mbps 21.8 Mbps 20.9 Mbps
Up Stream Line Rate 2.0 Mbps 2.2 Mbps 2.1 Mbps
Up Time 641.0 Sec 900.0 Sec 898.9 Sec
Retrains 0.0 7.0 0.0
Current and Last 15 Minute Bin Performance
Parameters Last Traffic Count(Upto 15 mins) Current Traffic Count(Upto 15 mins)
Start Time Stamp 2018-08-14T13:05:35Z 2018-08-14T13:20:35Z
Ingress Code Violation 0 0
Egress Code Violation 0 0
Errored Seconds 0 0
Severely Errored Seconds 0 0
Unavailable Seconds 0 0

Please keep an eye on your connection, if you find that the drops become more frequent please report the issue here and let us know when you've completed it - we'd then be able to investigate this further for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
Clarity3

Hello Emily

Thank you for the information in your last email and the illustration below.

I am still concerned about the dropouts I am seeing. As with issues like this, they always occur when in the middle of a critical requirement. I am currently communicatiing with Australia to provide progress and receive data updates for an ongoing project. Recently, the dropouts I am getting have interrupted this process on two occassions, one of them today, where it took four attempts to get a stable connection (my judgement based on the number of time the flashing 'b' appeared in conjunction with the orange bar) with the activity bar returning to blue.

I appreciate your specification of 6 dropouts in 72 hours and although one dropout while at a vital stage is a nuisance, two is more than an embarrassment. I am trying to understand why, with my previous provider, I never saw a single dropout. Clearly, there could have been dropouts but none occurred while I was at my PC's. Please can you help explain why this change is occurring.

Regards

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @Clarity3,

It's hard to say why the connection has become more unstable until we resolve the issue and so for the time being it's best for you to observe the connection and see if the drops coincide with anything else being turned on in the property.

If the issues continue to occur, I'd also recommend going through our online troubleshooting guides which can be found here and here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team