cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropouts

reefer110
Dabbler

Dropouts

For some time now I've been getting dropouts, I wonder if someone is able to advise on what I can do to try and remedy the problem?

There doesn't seem to be any pattern to it, but it's pretty annoying.

Any tips?

3 REPLIES 3
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Dropouts

Hi there.

Our checks aren't showing a connection at all on your account.

Can you try the below steps?

1. Open an internet browser and type http://192.168.1.254 into the address bar
2. Press the 'Enter' or 'Return' key
3. If there is no login page, click on 'Advanced Options' near the bottom
4. Now you will be asked to sign in with a Username and Password to access the router settings
5. The Username is "admin", all lower case, and the password is the serial number on the bottom of your router (CP**********), which needs to be entered in capital letters
6. Click on 'Broadband Connection'
7.Underneath, click on 'Internet Services'
8. Under, 'Internet', click on 'View More'
9. Type in your broadband username, which is in the format of yourusername@plusdsl.net, and the password is your account password
10. Click ' Connect'

Let us know once you've done this.

Cheers

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
reefer110
Dabbler

Hi, Thanks for the reply. I've now done this.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for that.

Our tests aren't showing the cause of the drops, so I'd recommend running through the troubleshooting steps here.

If you still experience problems I'd then head on over to http://faults.plus.net to raise a fault to us.

EDIT: If you're still using an Openreach modem plugged into the master socket an engineer installed when we provided fibre to you, it's unlikely we would've sent you a microfilter to use the test socket as explained in the guide above.

In this case, I'd recommend plugging a laptop or computer directly into the Openreach modem, setting up a PPPoE connection as explained here. This would help narrow down where the issue lies by bypassing your router.

Please let us know how you get on.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet