cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropouts then slow speeds since returning to my house after 3 months away

jamesth
Hooked

Dropouts then slow speeds since returning to my house after 3 months away

Hello - we moved out of our house for 3 months, during which time the router was unplugged and packed away in storage.

Since returnining, initially I had good speeds (40mb/s) but loads of dropouts, and now I'm getting a more stable service but only 5mb/s.  This over a period of about 1.5 months since moving back.  The slow speed has been with me for a couple of weeks I'd say now. 

At the moment I have the router plugged into the BT Test socket, via the usual ADSL filter.  

Is this the dynamic line management doing it's thing?  Can I expect speed to increase?  Ideally I'd like a fast service which also does not dropout all the time.

Thanks

James

8 REPLIES 8
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Re: Dropouts then slow speeds since returning to my house after 3 months away

Hi @jamesth

Thanks for highlighting this - I've taken a look at your account and tested your line - there's a potential issue here which I'd like our suppliers to take a look at.

Could you please raise a fault here and we'll then escalate that for you accordingly?

Thanks

Dave

jamesth
Hooked

Thanks Dave I will give it a go.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Thanks for getting back to us @jamesth

I've just updated the open fault with the next steps which you can view by going here

Let us know once you've responded and we'll get that picked up for you

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
jamesth
Hooked

Thanks Matt - quick update, the OpenReach guys came round today and refitted the connector box on the side of the house, ran some tests etc.  All good until they left, at which point I've had 2 dropouts in the last 15 mins.

I'll keep an eye on it today, hopefully this is just some side effect of having the line reset.

thanks

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @jamesth,

Sorry to hear that your connection has continued to drop following the engineer visit. I've had a look at your connection log and can see that there have been a number of drops today and yesterday:

As the engineer wasn't able to resolve the problem, it's possible that your router is faulty. I've sent you a new router to try and it'll be with you within 3-5 working days. Please let us know if you continue to experience any problems with your connection once you have the new router. I have waived the postage and packaging cost for the new router due to the connection problems.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
jamesth
Hooked

Thanks Emily, sounds like it is worth a try.

jamesth
Hooked

after lots of dropouts seen around lunchtime on 1st Feb, I setup the new router, from about 5pm same day, not used it enough to know if better yet but will let you know

Cheers!

plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

I'd recommend you leave the new router for a few days, then post back so we can check the new logs for you.

Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team