Did you mean: 

Dropouts again

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Re: Dropouts again

Hi @penfold

Our testing doesn't show the approximate distance, but the engineer notes should - we'll be in a better position to provide that information once the engineer has attended, or the engineer may share that with you directly on the 4/11/19 if you ask.

Best wishes

Dave

penfold
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

@Gandalf.

Engineer attended, couldn't find anything wrong, all tests passed fine. He did suspect that the internal wire from the box on the window sill to the NTE may be an issue, as it's never been changed, and is under the carpet. He resited the NTE, and put a new one on just where the line entered the house, to rule out as a cause. Not meaning to cause offence but he didn't act like I would expect a multi skilled engineer to. He didn't even go to the cab. Anyhow let's wait and see. If stable, then could I request a DLM reset from plusnet, as engineer would not do one. Said it wasn't needed.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi @penfold I'm sorry to see the engineer didn't carry out a thorough investigation.

Our tests are showing that nothing has changed in terms of your sync speed since the last time we tested your line on the 30th, although that fault we detected before isn't showing now so it's possible the resync you had this morning (Presumably when your router was disconnected to make way for the engineer's JDSU) had cleared the issue we saw.

As your line is stable, the tests aren't showing any issues and your speeds are restricted to 49mbps, we've requested a remote DLM reset which should go through within the next 2 working days, I'd check back on Wednesday. I'm out of the office tomorrow so I'll also check back on Wednesday.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
penfold
Aspiring Pro

Thanks. I do hope this is now resolved. Just another waiting game now....

penfold
Aspiring Pro

Looks like the dlm reset kicked on yesterday. Had a drop at 2am, and sync back up to around where it was. Let's wait and see how things go.
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

No worries @penfold,

Give us a nudge if you need any further assistance or notice any more drops.

Thanks.

penfold
Aspiring Pro

Just an update, hopefully a final one... Been up for over 25 days now, no issues. Only drops were caused by me, and an unfortunate power cut. I do hope this is resolved and the internal line from the line entering house to the nte was the issue. Anyhow fingers crossed.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for the update @penfold I'm glad to see your connection has been stable and the issues appear to be resolved now. Thumbs_UpFingers crossed indeed it stays that way, let us know if you need any further assistance though.

And happy New Year for next week!

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet