Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drop in sync speed since switching to Plusnet

Scottland
Dabbler

Drop in sync speed since switching to Plusnet

Hi,

I moved over to plusnet from Sky on the 1st April. For the past 18months since I had FTTC activated at my cab I've been getting around 60meg. It would change sync speed every few weeks, but other than that was pretty stable.

Since I switched I've been 'stuck' on 47meg, I gave it benefit of the doubt for the first 2 weeks to see if it would settle down - but its remained the same. I kept the same modem (HG612) connected, and didn't reboot it or anything for fear of upsetting DLM.

I've since rebooted the modem last night, and I'm seeing hundreds of errors accruing which I think maybe keeping DLM from upping the speed?

How best to proceed, I wasn't going to raise a fault just yet as I don't think Plusnet can actually reset DLM or anything anyway. But I don't want to sit and do nothing in the hope that some day it will go back up again. Is it possible the move has changed which line card or whatever I'm connected to in the cab - and this is now what I'm stuck with?

Some stats:

Downstream Upstream
Attainable rate (kbit/s) 47040 17323
SNR margin (dB) 6.3 6.2
Line attenuation (dB) 18.7 0
Output power (dBmV) 13.9 7.5

Downstream Upstream Downstream Upstream
Line rate (kbit/s) 47723  17323 
CRC errors 1108 
FEC errors 114  16 
HEC errors 1341 
2 REPLIES 2
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Drop in sync speed since switching to Plusnet

I'm just running a few tests on your line.

[edit]

Your issue isn't caused by DLM as your current profile is "0.128M-80M Downstream, Error Protection Off - 0.128M-20M Upstream, Error Protection Off"

It'll be tricky to get our suppliers to investigate this as your estimated sync speed range is 61.7 to 46.5mbps so it's technically within estimates.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Scottland
Dabbler

Re: Drop in sync speed since switching to Plusnet

Thanks for looking, and I know there's a limited amount you can do. But it's really frustrating that I've lost ~20% of my speed by switching supplier. You would think, connected to the same cab with the same equipment at the prem that the sync speed should be within a much smaller margin.