Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drop in speed

sylwias
Dabbler

Drop in speed

Dear Tech support,

would you be able to check my line in East Kilbride ( I have two lines under my name - one in Glasgow and one in East Kilbride). My speed sits at 39999 Kbps, and that is after changing the router from plusnet one to Draytek 2860ac. I raised a fault in Broadband section but the BT engineer was sent to Glasgow line (he still found a fault in exchange), but my East Kilbride is preatty slow comparing to the one in Glasgow (70Mbits/s). If you need my phone line number please let me know

3 REPLIES 3
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Drop in speed

Can you PM me the number of the line in question, I only seem to be able to find your other account. Please send me a private message

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Thanks for the details.

Testing your line is showing a sync of 57.4Mb/s

Test Outcome Pass
Test Outcome Code GTC_FTTC_SERVICE_0001
Description GEA service test completed and no fault found but unable to check for customer equipment connected to modem.
Main Fault Location OK
Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 57.4 Mbps
Upstream Speed 11.5 Mbps
Appointment Required N
Fault Report Advised N
NTE Power Status PowerOn
Voice Line Test Result Pass
Bridge Tap Not Detected
Radio Frequency Ingress Not Detected
Repetitive Electrical Impulse Noise Not Detected
Cross Talk Not Detected
Estimated Line Length In Metres 725.9
Upstream Rate Assessment Good
Downstream Rate Assessment Very Good
Home Wiring Problem Not Detected
Downstream Policing Discard Rate 0.0
Customer Traffic Level Upstream and Downstream Traffic Detected
Profile Name 0.128M-49M Downstream, Retransmission Low - 0.128M-20M Upstream, Error Protection Off
Time Stamp 2017-02-18T16:30:00

This is above the estimates for your line, so is performing above where expected for the speed.

However it is dropping out a fair bit but seems a lot better since Wednesday. Can you monitor the dropouts and let us know how it's performing.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
sylwias
Dabbler

HI Chris

My router was restarting few times in past few days, I checked the vdsl status today and it says: DS Attainable Rate : 68893820 bps, and I am getting DS Actual Rate : 59997000 bps. Woudl you think the line will allow to have the higher, attainable speed? Since BT did the job on the exchange, this rate indicator went up. I am just wondering if you could upgrade it, but if there will be any issues, I will let you know, and I can stay on the 59mbit/s.

Just in case, this is the East kilbride landline.
thank you in advance