Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drop in speed - again in two weeks

sylwias
Dabbler

Drop in speed - again in two weeks

Hi

Today my broadband dropped speed again ( maybe related to high winds in East Kilbride) from 59mbits to 54mbits. Could somebody have a look on to this please?

Thank you in advance

Sylwias

6 REPLIES 6
sylwias
Dabbler

Re: Drop in speed - again in two weeks

Right,

The agent who I chatted with yesterday said there is a fault on the line, and ticket needs to be raised to look on it again. So today I was curious how the situation is developing. So I started another chat with an agent and I was told that the speed I am at currently is estmiate for my area. The best part of it is that the d/l speed dropped overnight again and there are plenty of errors on the line - and the technical help is insisting that this is fine.

Would anybody care to have a look onto this matter, I am strongly thinking about leaving plusnet, just because the fact, that for over a year I was getting 50+ mbits download speed, and now it dropped down twice in 2 days.

sylwias
Dabbler

constant resets of broadband

Could anybody have a look on to my line please, its reseting itself every 3 minutes or even faster. Snr went up to 9db from 3db, speed went down from 59 to 48 mbits.

Thanks in advance

sylwias.

sylwias
Dabbler

Another drop in speed, this time to 44mbits. No drop in price - the online support treated me like enemy. Time to change the provider. 

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Hi there

I'm really sorry to hear you're having speed issues. I'll be happy to take a look into things tomorrow for you.
This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
Mav
Fixes: 515

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav)

Threads merged and a couple of unnecessary posts removed

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Thank you for your patience @sylwias

I've tested your line and I can see your router is in sync at 52 Mbps below your estimated speed of 58 Mbps. I'd advise to run through the checks at http://faults.plus.net completing the process to raise a fault to us if you need to.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button