cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Draytek Vigor 2860n works with Plusnet VDSL

FIXED
kenwden

Draytek Vigor 2860n works with Plusnet VDSL

Just bought a Draytek 2860n router, but can't make it connect, nor can Plusnet  support help as apparently they don't support "third party routers". Switched from copper to fibre a few months ago, and hadn't realised my old Draytek router would need a fibre mux 😞 So bought the 2860n instead. The line works with the PlusOne hub, so am excluding the line, so think it's either settings or I bought a defective router. Now I have a static IP, but don't see that making much difference, and have tried leaving the ISP field both blank and set to plusdsl. I've typed in my username and password twice to rule out typos. Even read the Draytek booklet. Not quite sure the booklet is right as it suggests the WAN2 light gives internet status, wheras WAN1 is the VDSL port, and WAN2 being the gigabyte port. The 2860 is reporting eventually that the plusnet end is not responding. WLAN is green, but DSL light is off. Any ideas?

5 REPLIES 5
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Re: Draytek Vigor 2860n works with Plusnet VDSL

Fix
Is the VDSL VLAN tag set to 101? If not, give that a whirl.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Are you entering the username in the format 'username'@plusdsl.net?

Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
kenwden

Bingo!!!! , took me a while to find what set to or where to find it,, and it was set to none. Not sure of the proper way of setting it but used the quick start wizard, to set it to 101. Left priority at 0. Oddly it took out my password, but status at least told me password or user name error, so told me progress being made So Draytek factory setting doesn't work. Thank you for your help. I'm now connected via my Draytek 🙂

kenwden

Yes to username, VLAN tag fixed it, now to play........ Don't understand why this took out password. Saw this before when fiddling

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Glad to hear you got it sorted Smiley

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵