Draytek Vigor 2860 VDSL issues
I have a Draytek 2860 router and it is currently only syncing at 66.9Mb, it previously synced at the full 80.
The DSLAM is only about 100m from my house.
1) Looking at the screenshot, do those upstream error rates look high?
2) Is there a way to tell if vectoring is active on my line?
3) Does anyone know what version of the Draytek firmware is best for use on Plusnet? (My DSLAM is Huawei).
4) What should the MTU be?
I am having some intermittent connectivity issues (Windows Network Location switching to Public on reboot, despite clean install) which I am blaming on the Draytek. Are there any other settings I should change?
Thanks in advance!
Re: Draytek Vigor 2860 VDSL issues
1) It is not possible to have ReTx (G.INP) enabled on the upstream and disabled on the downstream. And it looks like you have ReTx enabled in only one direction, which must be the downstream. Therefore, I think the "Far End" figures must be about the downstream. Without knowing how long a time period the stats cover, it is not possible to say if the figures are good or bad.
2) It is not possible to tell if vectoring is active from those stats. You need to find something that explicitly reports the vectoring status.
3) I don't really know, but I'd assume the MCT 498 firmware specifically made for the FTTC in this country would be best.
4) Normally, the highest MTU value that works would be best. If an MTU of 1500 "just works", then use that. Otherwise, 1492 is the usual MTU value for PPPoE connections.