Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drastic drop in download speed.

Stringwalker
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Drastic drop in download speed.

Hi, I'm on the unlimited 76mb extra package and my download speeds are dropping every night, peak times, to 17-20mb, this is nearly a 70% drop below my minimum guaranteed speed.

This is just to much, how do I get help on the forums from plusnet, please understand this is not wireless related or interference from neighbours etc, thanks.
4 REPLIES 4
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Drastic drop in download speed.

Hi there, 

Have you been able to take note of roughly what time that starts to happne?

I'm keeping in mind what you've said about it not being a wireless issue but have you taken steps to rule that out 100% by connecting over Ethernet to the router for example? 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Stringwalker
Rising Star

Hi, sorry for delay replying, been having lost connection issues, yes I borrowed my brothers laptop last night, same speed drop over ethernet, seems to be a peak time thing, just such a big drop.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

OK, are you able to make a note of what time of day that's happening? 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Stringwalker
Rising Star

Hi, thanks for reply, it's around 6pm to about 11pm, so peak time. I think it's best if I monitor it over Ethernet for a longer period, I'll have to buy a windows PC or a minix android tv though.

I had same problem with previous ISP who had me run test for months before finally telling me it was an over subscrided line and they couldn't do anything about it. But that was a serious drop, 35mb down to 2-5mb at peak times, so they let me go, thanks again.