Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downtime today....

Suarez
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Downtime today....

Hi,

Is Plusnet experiencing any issues in the Merseyside area today?

Second day back at work, working from home, and what do you know...internet is on and off all day.

Router keeps losing connection to broadband. Usually rock solid.

Any ideas if there is a problem?

Started around 11am this morning I'd say.
Maybe a little earlier.

Cheers.
9 REPLIES 9
Pendragon
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

Re: Downtime today....

Don’t know about Merseyside but here in Dorset I’ve had two dropouts today (we have had a rock solid connection for months at 80/20).

First was around 12:35 this morning and again tonight at 21:30.

DSLStats reports a huge drop in both download speed from 79999 to 62650 and upload from 19999 to 9248.

Also it reports the SNR is all over the place upstream started at 9.5 and is now reported at 1.7db,

downstream started at 7.5 and has now reached 14.6 never had stats like that before.

Will try and report it via the on-line reporting system but don’t hold out much hope.

Regards, P.

Suarez
Rising Star

As of around 6:30pm tonight, the issues seem resolved. Been watching Amazon Prime all night so not even 1 drop out. Hopefully that's the end of it.
Suarez
Rising Star

This is happening again.

Been up and down since 6:30pm last night. Currently 11am the next day.

I had a problem with my plusnet phone line. No dial tone, nobody could ring in. BT guy came and identified fault 90 metres from the house. He went away and it was fixed within 2 hours.

Could this be related?

Never really had issues before, so to have had issues in the last 3 weeks is unusual.
Thrall
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 23

Probably worth raising a broadband fault at faults.plus.net which will get you into the queue for a faults agent to investigate further. 

If your router’s plugged into the master socket and you’re not using any extension cabling it’ll likely come to an engineer visit 

Suarez
Rising Star

Yes, I did that yesterday.

Hopefully it gets sorted.

Had an unusable connection now for over 24 hours. Sometimes its duly fully off for 30-40 minutes at a time.

Off, on, off, on. This is despite 'internet' being connected now for over 2 days in the router stats.

Has to be related to the phone line fault the other week, too much of a coincidence. That's was apparently 90m from the house, so something is afoot.

Thrall
Seasoned Pro

If your router stats show your connections solid then the issue may be wireless related. Are your devices all wireless or do you have a laptop/computer to plug into the router using an Ethernet cable to test?

Suarez
Rising Star

That's not it.

All my devices, except phones, smart devices and tablets are connected via ethernet. Including my desktop, tvs, games consoles, set top boxes etc.
Thrall
Seasoned Pro

Ah fair enough. Is there noise on your phone line? Does the router light change colour by itself?

Suarez
Rising Star

Nope. Router light is solid.

As mentioned above, phone line was not working last week (Internet was fine).

BT Engineer diagnosed network interruption 90 metres from home.

So I'm assuming all this is someway related.

It's awful, especially with being at home all the time. Can't work as I need stable connection, can't game online, can't watch Netflix, Amazon etc.

Hopefully fixed soon.