cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downstream speeds low

slinkywonka10
Grafter

Downstream speeds low

My max downstream shows as 49mb but i am only getting 37mb.This is tested through a wired connection and i have tried using the test socket and it is just the same.I used to achieve speeds of 49 mb but lately it has dropped and my internet just seems worse.My tv is wired connection but netflix struggles to stream in UHD quality even if i am the only active user in the house?

Tried the usual restarts,unplug 30 seconds etc.

I cannot open a ticket as the main plusnet site will not let me log in the page just goes blank?Huh

ran a broadband test have attached file.

shows max speed on line as 67 but only tested as 37   Sad

5 REPLIES 5
wakeman
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Downstream speeds low

@slinkywonka10 

Looking at the screen shot you provided I noticed near the bottom it says you might have a bridge tap on the line which can cause issue its a real bridge tap.

faults.plus.net  should get you to the faults reporting system. include your screenshot to help them.

If having an issue with the page coming up clear your cache in the browser or try a different one.

slinkywonka10
Grafter

I have tried multiple browsers/devices but i cannot log in to my broadbacnd account?
I shall have to ring Sad
slinkywonka10
Grafter

Ticket now raised.Fingers crossed!

slinkywonka10
Grafter

Engineer came and did something at the cab,my speed is now 44 but my max speed is set low at 44? So i assume i am still on a lower speed profile than i should be? Plusnet guy said i should be able to achieve speeds of 60 on my line.
slinkywonka10
Grafter

Whatever the engineer did it has not helped.My speed is now at 40 and seems to be dropping as time goes by,my "clean" line speed shows as 67 on broadbandchecker? It also still shows Bridge tap as "U" ?

I am not getting my guaranteed minimum speeds,i do not understand how /why my speed has dropped by over 10mb? Crosstalk seems unlikely as its just too much of a large chunk and too sudden.I do not even know what the engineer did as he just called me after going to the cab and said its all sorted now? 

Is it correct that if you are not getting the minimum speed and they cannot fix it then i can come out of the contract with no fees?