cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downstream rate limited?

rovingclimber
Hooked

Downstream rate limited?

Below is connection status from my router (DrayTek Vigor 2762) compared with what's shown on plusnet "My account" page. My downstream actual rate never goes over 48999, despite attainable being ~10% higher and Plusnet's page showing 80Mb! Is there a rate limit set somewhere?

Interestingly prior to renewing with plusnet my minimum guaranteed was 49Mb (dead on what I'm getting), I see it's dropped 10Mb this year Sad

Your broadband service

• Product: Unlimited Fibre Extra
  • Estimated Download Range: 44 - 63Mbps
  • Estimated Upload Range: 12 - 18Mbps
  • Minimum Guaranteed Speed: 39.3Mbps
  • Current Line Speed (Download): 80Mbps
Downstream            Upstream                
Actual Rate48999Kbps16682Kbps
Attainable Rate54826Kbps16682Kbps
Path ModeFastFast
Interleave Depth11
Actual PSD7. 1dB13. 3dB

4 REPLIES 4
cochin007
Grafter
Fixes: 1

Re: Downstream rate limited?

I think it might be due to plusnet router .Are you using one. I felt for the bait and went with plusnet from Talktalk just because of Static IP but now speed fell from 30 mbps to 21 mbps. Try your old router to see but problem is Openreach wont automatically increase the speed at exchange and they need to send a person to fix this and reset DLM.. But worth giving a try by changing router which is unlocked.. Old one is fine if it supports user id and password for connection

rovingclimber
Hooked

I am using Draytek 2762. Plusnet router never came out of the box Smiley

48999 just seems like some kind of limit as it's a very exact number.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 392

@cochin007

felt for the bait and went with plusnet from Talktalk just because of Static IP but now speed fell from 30 mbps to 21 mbps

Your problem is very likely the Plusnet profile stuck at 21Mb , see this thread for information https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/Upgraded-from-Unlimited-Fibre-to-Unlimited-Fibre-Extra... ignore the fact that thread mention Unlimited extra. 

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 392

@rovingclimber 49Mb is the top of a banded profile so it does look like your line could have been banded.

Have you tried connecting to the test socket to eliminate internal wiring ? If it is an jntetnal wiring then if your line is banded then the PSD figure should go up but the synch speed wont

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.