Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downstream locked at 34999kbps for months

DeltaAlphaBravo
Hooked

Downstream locked at 34999kbps for months

Hello,

My downstream has been locked at 34999Kbps for months now. The upstream varies a bit. But my upstream doesn't budge, even a little, from 34999kbps.

Any ideas?

When I first started with Plusnet I was getting around 50000kbps (even if BT say my line should get between 54000kbps & 70000kbps).

Thanks in advance,

Dan

4 REPLIES 4
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: Downstream locked at 34999kbps for months

Hey,

It looks as though your line has been observed (automatically by the software in the green cabinet), for the last 13 days and it's spotted regular line interference (between 06:00 to 13:00) and it's pointing to the interference being either within your property or on the line between the cabinet and your property.

Is there anything else connected near your router that might cause interference? Or does anything in the premises come on between those times that's on a timer?

Basically, when interference is detected, your line rate is reduced in small blocks so that your connection doesn't start to drop out frequently - I guess it's more important to at least have a solid connection rather than a fast one that drops out all the time! So, if we can figure out what's causing the interference, whether that be within your premises or it be external, then I think that's we'll get our answers!

I've attached the summary of what I could see anyway for you to take a peek at.

DeltaAlphaBravo
Hooked

Firstly; thanks Chris for your reply.

And; thanks also for your explanation of why my downstream speed has declined.

Now as for a root cause; I'm stumped. Especially considering the time frames you provided. The only thing timed (I can think of) is the heating. We're trying our hardest to cling on to what remains of the summer; so it's not been switched on yet. And, even if we did; the times don't marry up.

If it helps; I've tried shifting and moving some stuff about at around 11:00 (therefore disconnecting briefly). So I'm not sure if you can tell by your metrics, if the interference is better/worse pre and post 11am?

Thanks again for your help.

Dan

Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hey Dan,

Thanks for replying. Would you be able to leave your equipment, now you've moved it, in the same place now for a couple of days, so we can get some data on your line to try and compare with what it was like?

DeltaAlphaBravo
Hooked

Sure; no problem at all.

Thanks again.

Dan