cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downstream at 40mbps

gxoats

Downstream at 40mbps

Hello, new Plusnet customer here. So I switched from BT which was awful to Plusnet and happily my connection has been up for 17 days straight which is great!

Now here's my issue, I ordered and paying for 76mbps which I know I can get from dslchecker.BT.com , buy when I access my router settings the Downstream is capped at 40mbps and Upstream at 12mpbs.

I thought this was because it would take awhile to stable speed being a new customer but it's been nearly 3 weeks and was now wondering why?

Thanks.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Post released from Spam Filter

2 REPLIES 2
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Re: Downstream at 40mbps

Hi there

Welcome to the PN forum Smiley

Given that your upload speed sync is now 12mbps , this suggests your profile has changed (up to 80/20).

What download speeds does dslchecker.BT.com report?

Are you plugged into your master socket ? 

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Downstream at 40mbps

Hi there, first of all welcome to the community forums.

Broadband tests are showing your router in sync below the estimates...

Sync Status In Sync
Downstream Speed 40.0 Mbps
Upstream Speed 12.8 Mbps
  High Low High Low        
VDSL Range A (Clean) 80 62.5 20 19.6

Testing your line is detecting a possible external fault, which I've now reported through to Openreach. We'd expect an update by 03/07/17 23:59:59. Our faults team will endeavour to keep you informed via this ticket on your account.

Anoush.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet