Did you mean: 

Downstream SNR Target - Reset to 6dB please

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Downstream SNR Target - Reset to 6dB please

Aye.

I'll modify the service onto a higher stability profile to see if that will keep the SNR from dropping back to 3db. But it looks like there's already an order already going through our supplier systems, so I'm asking our products team to look into that first.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
RTNI
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Is that for my line to be clear?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Aye.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
RTNI
Rising Star

The other order is the 6dBreset that the fault agent raised again this morning when I called. Just remembered about that
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Sadly we can't reset fibre lines.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
bluewhale
Rising Star

i find it amazing that this reset is done manually by the engineer ringing up the so called "Diagnostic Centre of Excellence", at least that's what happened with me

still if apple can get away with describing a PSU design fault as a problem with battery lifetime and then just say sorry when they hide it...

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@Gandalf wrote:

Sadly we can't reset fibre lines. 

Expanding on this with regards to:

@RTNI wrote:
The other order is the 6dBreset that the fault agent raised again this morning when I called. 

Whilst I've no doubt that the agent did something, possibly tried to reset the line which would ultimately be rejected, the open order we're seeing isn't anything that the agent has done.

Our automated system has placed a regrade order to route your service differently across our network through the old BNG's. I'm getting clarification from our products team as to why we've done this since it's not necessary.

When the open order is either cancelled or completed, I'll modify your service to the Super Stable stability option we've got with our suppliers which might influence DLM in its decision making when setting the SNR target. 

EDIT:

i find it amazing that this reset is done manually by the engineer ringing up the so called "Diagnostic Centre of Excellence", at least that's what happened with me

@bluewhale DCoE is basically the engineers support team to help investigate problems on the Openreach end that the engineer may not have access to. My knowledge in this area is not great but that's how I understand it.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
RTNI
Rising Star

Whilst I've no doubt that the agent did something, possibly tried to reset the line which would ultimately be rejected, the open order we're seeing isn't anything that the agent has done.

Our automated system has placed a regrade order to route your service differently across our network through the old BNG's. I'm getting clarification from our products team as to why we've done this since it's not necessary.

When the open order is either cancelled or completed, I'll modify your service to the Super Stable stability option we've got with our suppliers which might influence DLM in its decision making when setting the SNR target. 

@Gandalf

What news on this "open order" please?  Have you been able to place the order for the super stable option with the suppliers?  If not, what are the timescales involved with this?

dhendryuk

Just to add, I have a very similar situation as yourself. I'm on a long line, and during November the speed on my fibre line increased from 22mb to 34 mb. My line can't handle this and drops about 3 times per day. Had 2 bt engineers around, but can't find a fault, due to the issue being intermittent. Fault is still ongoing...
bluewhale
Rising Star

@dhendryuk out of interest what router/chipset are you using?

dhendryuk

@bluewhale was using the plusnet one hub, but just purchased a tp link archer vr900... This massively improved my WiFi, but my fibre connection still drops.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

What news on this "open order" please?  Have you been able to place the order for the super stable option with the suppliers?  If not, what are the timescales involved with this?

After discussing this with our networks team, the open order is due complete on the 9th.

From there we'll pick up your account and modify the stability profile which should take 1 working day.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet