Did you mean: 

Download speed

Beyhive
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 44

Re: Download speed

Let us know how it goes please @jeldan,

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Faris
 Plusnet Help Team
jeldan
Grafter

Hi,
You can cancel the engineer visit. I did a pin hole reset on the router and I have internet back (something that wasn't suggested when I phoned up to report the problem) so it was obviously a router problem and I've been without the internet for 4 days now.
Disappointed customer
Beyhive
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 44

Hi @jeldan,

We are sorry that nobody advised you on resetting the router but we are glad to hear that the internet is back on.

I have updated the fault ticket on your account. Please click here to view my response.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Faris
 Plusnet Help Team
Robbo3
Hooked

Thanks for coming back. Firstly re the Reward Card, your website says that customers will recieve an email within 14 days of going live. This did not happen. However I have now been advised that I should receive a card within 5 days.
Re the speed. At this moment I am getting 18Mbps. To answer your questions I am doing the test via a wired PC. I have also carried out the other checks as suggested and everything is how it should be.
I cannot understand why the speeds fluctuate so wildly, but whatever the reason I hope someone can sort it out.
Robbo3
Hooked

Ps. I have just checked again and am now getting 12.3Mbps!!!!!!
Robbo3
Hooked

My speed is now down to 7.1Mbps. Its 11.30pm, hardly peak time. This is a crazy situation. I have a photograph of my screen but don't know how to post it.
jeldan
Grafter

Hi,

Thanx, atleast I now know what to do if it happens again.
BD
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 86

Hi @Robbo3, thanks for getting back to us.

I'm sorry to hear you look to have been incorrectly advised regarding the cashback process. Just to confirm the cashback process, within 10 days of the service going live customers receive a cashback redemption form. Once filled out the cashback will be sent however can take up to 30 days to arrive. I'm afraid the time frame you've been given around the cashback arriving is incorrect and the cashback reward should be with you by the 23rd of November at the very latest. By all means if you haven't received anything by the 23rd then please do let us know and we'll happily get this chased up for you.Again apologies for any inconvenience the incorrect information may have caused prior to this.

Having a check over your connection we are still seeing 31Mbps download getting to your router with no errors or faults been detested when testing both connection and line. If you're seeing speed fluctuate to as little as 7.1Mbps especially during the evenings on a wired connection your side (with no other devices/applications heavily using the connection) then it certainly hints something is out of place somewhere.
As we aren't detecting from this side what's causing the fluctuating speeds we'd recommend running through a  few checks your side that may resolve the issue.

I'd recommend starting with basic checks here

And if that doesn't help the next thing would be to rule your internal wiring out by plugging the connection into your test socket which is under the faceplate of your master socket and seeing if the drops stop. This rules out internal wiring, face plates and extension sockets as being the cause. How to locate the test socket and set your connection into it can be found here: https://community.plus.net/t5/Library/Testing-From-The-Master-Socket/ba-p/1322242https://community.p...

If the problem still persists from here we will go down the route of raising a fault . Let us know how it goes.

OldRaft
Grafter

"measured my line speed at 32.2 Mbps"   sounds like the quote I received from PN  when my speed should be 38 to 40 and is actually 25 Mbps.

32.x is the exact speed for my FTTC connection where the ISP has to allow you to terminate without penalty, maybe yours too?

In most cases moving has no effect as all the wiring etc. is the same all the way to the Exchange, just the supplier (ISP) is different.