Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download speed

jeldan
Grafter

Download speed

Hi,
As of today my download speed has gone from 30+Mbps to as little as 6mbps. I've come on here to ask what's going on as chat us currently unavailable.
Please can someone at Plusnet get back to me as I can stream anything without it buffering for ages.

Thanx

Tony
38 REPLIES 38
Menace65
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: Download speed

Maybe the server you're downloading from has problems!

Try Speedtest

jeldan
Grafter

Sorry maybe I wasn't clear, I used speed test because everything I was trying to watch kept buffering and the results were 6mbps to 12 Mbps.
jeldan
Grafter

Update.

I went down too 5mbps now apparently I'm connected but have no internet.

Help!!!
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @jeldan, I'm sorry for the issues you are having.

Testing on the line this morning showed an open issue in the area affecting multiple circuits, I have contacted our suppliers for an update and they have advised this has now cleared. Having said that however, you are still testing out of sync and so I would advise rebooting/ resetting your router.

Once done, if you are still having issues we will then need to progress this with an engineer visit, I have updated the fault ticket here. Let us know if you add a reply so that we can pick this up for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
jeldan
Grafter

Hi,

I'm no longer getting 4mbps. Speed test is showing 18-28mbps which is far below the 38mbps my account states I should be getting. I know they are doing an in-depth test on the line that should be done by tomorrow. Hopefully that'll identify the problem.
OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Thanks for getting back to us @jeldan.

We're showing that the router is now in sync at 40mbps, although with what you've said previously I suspect that this doesn't tally with what you're seeing?

jeldan
Grafter

Hi,
No it doesn't, I wish I was getting 40mbps. Also my partner has just informed me the WiFi is down again. Please check and let me know. I'll check as well when I finish work.
Optimatts
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 19

Hi there @jeldan, I've tested your line again today and we're still seeing a fault. Unfortunately, we can't determine the location. Our next step would be to look at booking an engineer visit.

Before we do so, can you ensure you've run though the following troubleshooting and It may also be worth connecting to the test socket to try and rule out issues caused by internal wiring. More information on this can be found here: https://community.plus.net/t5/Library/Testing-From-The-Master-Socket/ba-p/1322242

When you've done so, should the fault remain, can you respond to this ticket and let us know here on the forums, we'll arrange an engineer for you.

jeldan
Grafter

Hi,

I've troubleshooted when I phoned the other day to report the problem. I don't have a phone to test the dial tone or a test socket or another socket to test it in. ATM I'm using mobile data to reply as the internet goes from 28mbps to zero (I'd attach screenshots but there's no option to attach files only information on file attachment limits?!?).
Do I need to be in for the engineer? Or will he be checking the phone line at the junction box?
Optimatts
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi again @jeldan

Just making sure you'd gone through the troubleshooting steps. Don't worry about the screenshots either, testing is quite clear in that there's a problem.

You will need to be in for the engineer visit as he'll likely perform an end to end test to isolate the cause. 

If you could reply to the ticket with your availability and let us know here, we'll get it booked in for you.

jeldan
Grafter

Hi,

I'm off working Sunday and Tuesday. Or after 4pm. Also my router is now just flashing orange.
Optimatts
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi @jeldan we can't take availability requests over the forums, we'll need you to log it via the ticket. If you could reply to this ticket and let us know when you've done so, we'll pick up the request.

It's worth noting that the slots for the visit are weekdays (monday - friday) and there are two slots per day 8am-1pm. and 1pm-6pm.

If you could advise in the ticket 3 time slots, we'll book the earliest available.

jeldan
Grafter

Hi,
Just another update, my router is staying on orange with the symbol staying lit. Every now and again it will disappear but, the symbol is mainly on. Is it definitely a fault on the line or could it be the router?
MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @jeldan 

We have not yet booked an engineer as fresh testing is showing that the MSO (Outage) is still affecting the circuit.  

Once this has been cleared, we will retest the line and book a visit accordingly using the availability you previously gave.

Kind Regards, 

MoR