cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download speed suddenly dropping

MrsB

Download speed suddenly dropping

Our download speed keeps dropping suddenly and significantly, upload speed according to the speed checker less affected.
The little network connection location (world symbol on speed check app) seems to change very frequently and depending upon where that seems to be picking up, depends on the speed.
Any ideas? It’s a bit like when you are sitting on the edge of 3 different phone mast areas with mobile signal and it depends what mood the phone is in as to which it connects to, our router seems to be doing the same?
1 REPLY 1
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Download speed suddenly dropping

Thanks for getting in touch @MrsB I'm sorry to see you're experiencing connection problems. I've tested your line today and the tests aren't showing any issues with the broadband signal going into your router. Based on this and what you've said, I suspect this is an issue with the wireless signal around your home.

Can you try changing what's known as the wireless channel, there's instructions Here and it may also be worth splitting the '2.4GHz' and '5GHz' frequencies apart, there's more steps Here.

Let us know how it goes.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet