cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download speed plummeted since Plusnet tested for my fault

albutch

Download speed plummeted since Plusnet tested for my fault

Has anyone got any ideas.
My switch from ADSL to fibre was carried out 28th Jan and was 1.5 Mbps for a few days (down from 3.2 ADSL). I left it for a few days and on 1st Feb I saw an increase to 3.2. I contacted PlusNet via chat and a phone call from a member of staff confirmed that I probably had a fault saying they would get Openreach out.
Almost a week passed by and I got another call offering an engineer appointment for Fri 12th Feb. Over night the speed increased to  around 7 down and 0.8 up. Progress, I thought.
Fri came and went, unlike the Openreach engineer.
I got another call today reminding me that an engineer will be calling tomorrow, Thu 18th Feb. Shortly after the downstream speed dropped to 0.18 whilst the upload speed has remained at around 0.8.
I carried out a BT Wholesale speedtest to measure the speed and it then suggest a tap 3 test, this showed speeds like I had yesterday.
Results below and connection info from Hub One.
TIA
3 REPLIES 3
albutch

Re: Download speed plummeted since Plusnet tested for my fault

Finally managed to get the Current Line Speed page open, I think this may have something to do with it. Smiley
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@albutch
Welcome to the forum.
I would Chat or phone Plusnet and ask them to increase the Plusnet Line speed. That should be done there and then.
Then check it has changed and then log on to the router, click "disconnect" , wait a minute and then click "connect".
The line speed can unfortunately change for the worse (as you've seen) and just needs to be amended by Plusnet.
Best to contact them if you want a guaranteed response as this forum does not ensure that Plusnet staff answer. It is a Community forum which staff look at and respond to some threads.
Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
albutch

Thanks for the welcome and advice georgelnx.
I tried last night but the agent said the system was down, managed to get it done this morning.
Speed is back to where it was, just waiting for Openreach now to see if they can get us up to estimate.