cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download speed not increasing with line speed

jthom
Grafter

Download speed not increasing with line speed

Over the last week my line sync speed has increased by 15mbps. This is really good and much nearer to my expectations.

This is not a new connection so the increase is a pleasant surprise.

My download speed has not increase and seems to be capped at 51mbps. This seems to be in line with my BT IP profile of 53 and the PlusNet current line speed of 52.8. So I have not benefitted from the line speed improvement.

Please could PlusNet check that my connection is not capped and is set up to give what ever the line can achieve.

My line has changed from interleaved to fastpath. This has resulted in good increase. Currently getting a couple of mbps every few days when the connection is dropped and remade by the exchange overnight. don't think it is going to get much faster as a few errors are being logged on the router. Sync speed has increased from 52 to 66.

3 REPLIES 3
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: Download speed not increasing with line speed

Thanks for getting in touch @jthom

I'm glad to hear that your sync speed has increased.

With regards to the download speeds, you're seeing our tests are highlighting a mismatch between profiles on our supplier's systems which will most likely be the cause of this.

I've raised this to our suppliers to resolve and the profiles should be updated within 24 to 48 hours

Let us know if you don't see an increase after this timeframe

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
jthom
Grafter

Thanks for looking in to this.

The speed has now settled at just under 70mbps, which is great.

Unfortunately the speed has not increased to match and is still capped at about 50. The bt speedtester is showing the same IP profile of 53.8.

Could you please check if your request has been actioned yet?

Thank you

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @jthom, having tested the line again today we are still seeing the mismatch and our suppliers are requesting we send an engineer.

I have created a fault ticket here, can you please reply to this and if you let us know once done, we'll pick this up for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team