cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download speed lower than usual

vontops2020

Download speed lower than usual

My ip profile has dropped down to 9mb from 21mb.

I was at a steady 21 mb download for about 3 years and now I've dropped down to 9mb download for the last 2 months.
Upload has unchanged and is as expected.

What could the problem be and how could this be resolved?

Thanks in advance.
1 REPLY 1
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Re: Download speed lower than usual

Hi @vontops2020,

I'm sorry to hear that this is the case. I've taken a look into this today and from what I can see the estimated line speeds seem to have changed in your area. This could be due to a number of reasons, though nothing specific is apparent from any of the line tests I've carried out today. Unfortunately, this may mean that the speeds you had previously been able to achieve are longer possible, though from what I can see you are still achieving above the minimum guaranteed speed stated in your contract. I would recommend connecting via Ethernet cable where possible and keeping an eye on things for the time being. Whilst it won't necessarily help, one explanation as to why this has occurred could be due to recent housing development in your area, as Openreach may have put the new builds all onto the same cabinet. In this instance, there's not much we can do as your ISP, but if you have a word with some of your neighbours and friends about this, you may be able to flag this to Openreach as a community.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team