cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download speed in the dark ages!!

peachesmorgan

Download speed in the dark ages!!

Please help !!! Have had our internet with Plusnet for many years and currently have issues with the connection. The majority of time we used our internet via an ethernet cable and use Wifi when using our phones. However recently we have been having major issues with our download speed and Wifi connections. We havent changed anything from the original set up, although now these problems have arisen we have now tried changing the ethernet cable, microfilters etc.. to no avail, We have reported the faults to Plusnet via testing line speeds and giving them this information , however they say there is nothing wrong with the line. Our current download reads at 1.4 mbps and upload is 9.0. Not sure what Ping or Jitter mean but Ping reads at 22 ms and Jitter 59 ms. Can anybody give us an indication as to what is going on here!! We are at the stage where we cannot stream a film or look at our phones via Wifi as the connection is far too slow. Out of curiosity my husband looked at the current average download speeds in Africa, it is averaging at 10.0. We are slower than AFRICA !! Any help gratefully received.

1 REPLY 1
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Download speed in the dark ages!!

Hi there. Welcome to the community forums.

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing speed problems

Our suppliers are aware of a potential issue on their back-haul network relating to the equipment at your exchange. They've got a fix planned on the 16th March. Many apologies for the inconvenience caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet