cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download speed half of sync speed

Keymer
Dabbler

Download speed half of sync speed

After 2 visits from OpenReach, a problem that I had with my connection dropping 2 or 3 times a day for the last couple of months appears to have been sorted yesterday. Famous last words, but the connection time is now 1 day and 3 hours, so I 'm hoping for the best.

Looking at the Hub Manager, I can see that the downstream connection speed is 35.7 Mbps. I've done a number of speed tests at different times, via both ethernet cable plugged into the router and wifi, and these are showing a consistent download speed of 15 - 16 Mbps. 

I did phone the helpdesk to see if something (the line profile perhaps?) needed to be reset at the Plusnet end of things after the OpenReach guy left me yesterday, but was given a pretty bland response along the lines of 'OpenReach will need to sort this out' but no indication as to how or when this would be actioned.

Can somebody at Plusnet have another look into this for me please, in case there is a simple and quick solution. I'd rather not arrange a fourth OpenReach appointment (they didn't turn up for one) if it can be avoided.

1 REPLY 1
Keymer
Dabbler

Re: Download speed half of sync speed

I spoke too soon! Connection has dropped 3 times since OpenReach fixed the fault yesterday. 

Annoyingly, I received a response to my open question about this an hour ago. It said that "The issue you reported to us now appears to be resolved following the engineer visit as the line is now testing fine with a stable connection and speeds performing within estimates." 

Quite how PN have come to this conclusion I really don't know. I phoned the support desk and was asked to do a speed test - same result of around 15Mbps. Support guy tells me that he will edit the response that I was sent earlier to say that this is still a live issue, and that the technical people would get back in touch. So I'm now back to where I was yesterday.

If there is someone from PN reading this post, I'd appreciate their help in resolving this issue. I've been a PN customer since the beginning and have always been pleased with the customer service, but I'm getting increasingly disillusioned now.