cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download speed 2mbps, upload speed 20mbps, terrible support tickets response time.

FIXED
ivanf
Hooked

Download speed 2mbps, upload speed 20mbps, terrible support tickets response time.

- Switched from Now.TV, everything worked perfectly well before the switch. Getting connection speed at 2mbps (see attached screenshot).

- Support ticket #216441609, opened on 24/07.

- Waited for the response from the support team for 3 days.

- Called yesterday to chase up, got connection speed tested. Support person said someone will ring back to arrange engineer visit. No one called back. Why extra call? Can't the same support person book the engineer?

- Posted on forum 10 minutes ago, got my message removed as spam. Just hope this one lives.

- How is this "award winning support"? Not having a good start with plusnet so far.

10 REPLIES 10
ivanf
Hooked

Dismal download speed and support tickets response time

Heyyyy

Recently switched from Now TV, on more expensive package, with allegedly better speed, and not having a good start so far. Decided to try my luck here.

I have download speed at less than 2 mbps, while upload speed and ping are fairly decent (see the screenshot). And this is not a temporary drop, this is just what I get on constant. I'm trying to work from home, but I'm having better experience via mobile.

I've raised support ticket (#216441609) on 24th of July, 4 days ago, and updated it several times, but the response times on that are absolutely ridiculous, turns out when plusnet say they respond in 5 work days - they do really mean it. Seriously though, how is this "award winning service"? Were there no other entries? I've been with 4 different ISP and this is by far the worst.

I chased up yesterday via the phone, they made me do the usual drill with jiggling the cables in the perfectly working router, wasted 30 minutes of my time and told me that they need to call the engineer and someone will contact me later on the same day. Why can't the same support person call the engineer, why it needs to be someone else? Why does it need to be a new call? No one rang, and that's why I'm here, just desperate really.

Any chance to get the problem sorted within more reasonable timeframe, and preferably without having to spend time on the calls?

Kindest Regards
Ivan

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Download speed 2mbps, upload speed 20mbps, terrible support tickets response time.

Moderators Note

This topic has been released from the automated spam filter, merged and moved from ADSL Broadband to Fibre

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
ivanf
Hooked

Re: Download speed 2mbps, upload speed 20mbps, terrible support tickets response time.

Speed Test report in PDF.

Also, I'm using plusnet hub one router.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 392

@ivanf log in to the router and check the username showing on the Helpdesk tab. If its showing setup@plusdsl.net then disconnect, change the username/password to your account ones and then reconnect.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

ivanf
Hooked

I tried that, yeah, when setting up the hub and just tried again now. With both my username and email.

Says that broadband username is either incorrect or not supported.

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Fix

So you did not say what the username was before you tried it, was it setup@plusdsl.net?

Have you entered your correct username, in the format “username@plusdsl.net and the password you use to get into the member centre?

Or as a last resort , a factory reset, locate the pinhole at the rear of the router, insert a suitably sized object and hold for 30 seconds, go away for 5 mins - is it working now?

ivanf
Hooked

Yeah, I didn't know it was a right format.

Was just entering my username there.

To be fair, neither setup guide nor online manual mentions it.

Thanks for your help, much appreciated.

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 392

To be fair, neither setup guide nor online manual mentions it.

TBH it shouldnt be necessary, the router should auto configure. The router serial number is registered against your account and when it connects with the 'setup' user it downloads the correct username/password from the PlusNet configuration servers. The registration is done by scanning the router serial number as it is dispatched. It seems yours 'escaped' the scanning during the dispatch process.

For info , the connection settings are here https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/broadband-connection-settings/

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Glad you are now sorted.

ivanf
Hooked

Thanks guys, much appreciated!