cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download speed 0.83mbs...

julian6660

Download speed 0.83mbs...

My service has been very poor for the last few days. I ran a speed check on BT wholesale and I am getting 0.83mbs download, 16mbs upload. I tried the diagnostic feature but it said that there was a server problem.  I have raised an enquiry with Plusnet (2 days ago) which has been acknowledged but no solution offered. Can anyone help?
5 REPLIES 5
julian6660

Re: Download speed 0.83mbs...

Latest result from BT Wholesale speed check. Can anyone shed any light on what the 'error' might be? A rerun of the test produced the same result.

FAQ
Results Image not loaded

1. Best Effort Test:
Download Speed : 0.97 Mbps
2. Upstream Test:
Upload Speed : 15.96 Mbps

Your speed test has completed and the results are shown above, however during the test an error occurred while trying to retrieve additional details regarding your service. As a result we are unable to determine if the speed you received during the test is acceptable for your service. Please re-run the test if you require this additional information.
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

The error maybe that the BTW database is too busy to answer so the request times out and you get that response.
But it also happens when your details in the BTW Database cannot be retrieved as there is a mismatch with your details entered on the Further Diagnostics screen (phone number or address mismatch). This needs Plusnet to chase up to fix.
Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
julian6660

Well, I eventually heard from Plusnet who asked me to run a test via BT Wholesale. With my laptop directly linked to my router. Results were still not impressive. I tried the test again this evening and had less than 1mbs again. I tried the Ookla test and the test could not complete....
My broadband is just about unusable and if things are not sorted out in the very near future I will have to make a formal complaint.
I am sorry to say that with hindsight I wish I had stayed with BT. My service from BT was completely reliable.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Sorry to hear about your issues.
The tickets gone back to our Faults team and we'll get that picked up as soon as we can.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
julian6660

Thank you Matthew. When my service started, and after the initial 10 day period, download was around 38mbs which was fine for me. I suspect that this is a 'peak period' problem. I have just over 20mbs this evening.