Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download lower than sync speed

FIXED
zepzod
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Download lower than sync speed

Please could  anyone  explain  or look at my connection.

My Download Sync speed is around 32000kbps but I can only download at a maximum of around 23000kbps this is both on a wired device and on my wireless connection.. Could my speed be banded due to previous problems I was having with my line ?. The line faults I previously had have now been resolved and have a much stable line. Here are my line stats to show the current speeds etc.

Thanks.

6. Data rate: 6821 / 32186
7. Maximum data rate: 6828 / 32869
8. Noise margin: 6.0 / 5.9
9. Line attenuation: 37.6 / 24.2
10. Signal attenuation: 25.8 / 21.6
8 REPLIES 8
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Re: Download lower than sync speed

Hi @zepzod

Thanks for highlighting this - I've tested your line and you are indeed in sync at 32m/s with no apparent banding or profile issues.

Could you confirm how you're measuring the speed and that you're connected to the test socket of your premises?

We may need to raise this back to another fault if nothing obvious jumps out.

Thanks

Dave

zepzod
Dabbler

Thanks for the reply Dave, I have carried out speed tests on both wired and wireless devices with same results since my line was repaired. I have not tried direct into test socket since the repair work was carried out over the weekend. I have had a new socket fitted, drop wire also put onto another pair on the D side.

should I try direct in the test socket now ?

Thank you.

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @zepzod

I would.

If the test socket doesn't make any positive difference, let us know and we'll raise this back to our suppliers on your existing fault ticket.

Best wishes

Dave

zepzod
Dabbler

Hi Dave, I have just tested directly in the test socket and it is working perfect at around 31000kbps.

Does this mean the socket may be the fault ?

Many thanks.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Fix

Hi @zepzod, thanks for getting back to us.

As you've advised that the speed is fine when connected to the test socket this would indicate the face-plate is likely faulty.

Whilst not ideal, a faster solution would be to replace the face-plate yourself. They're relatively cheap to pick up and there's a user guide on how to do this here, if this is something you would feel comfortable doing. Given that this has only recently been replaced we would be happy to cover the cost of this, just send us a message with the receipt on the fault ticket and we can get that issued for you.

The other alternative to this would be to book you an engineer visit to the property to rectify this for you, though this of course would mean you being available for another appointment slot.

I've updated your ticket here, if you let us know once you've replied we'll pick it up for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
zepzod
Dabbler

I have now fitted a new face plate and the connection speed is now working perfectly. 👍

Thanks for the help.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Perfect that's good to see Thumbs_Up

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Mav
Fixes: 514

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): The fix has been changed to @LaurenB as per message #6.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still