cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download has dropped to 0.09 mbs overnight

PaulHeywood
Dabbler

Re: Download has dropped to 0.09 mbs overnight

I had an unusable service in Bedford at 0600 this morning.  Whilst I could get google up, other websites such as the BBC and BT speedtest wouldn't load at all, and I couldn't update a program that was 700k without it failing.  Seems as though something has gone wrong.  Tried calling customer service after I got to work but there is a message about a major service incident and long wait times.   Just as well I am out all day!

BL-TZ
Dabbler

Same in Selby, N Yorks, woke at 6am (still within the quoted affected time) but was still experiencing problems before I left home at 7:30. Connection was up and down like a yo yo. If a page loaded it was quick, but then it would stall. My Apple AirPort Extreme kept reporting that the Internet was 'disconnected' whilst the stalling was occurring. If I could get the speed test app to load then it reported a normal 35Mbps down but the next minute it dropped to 0 and failed.

Clearly something's broken on PN's side, and as others have said elsewhere, a quick email to say "You're not alone, go make a brew and come back to it later, when we've fixed it" would be nice. It'd certainly alleviate the anxiety of "the internet's down again! What the heck's up with it this time" routine.
Game4life
Dabbler

My connection has been bouncing up and down like a god damn bloody Yoyo. What the bleeding hell are your guys doing to the connection? It not just the speed that the issues but a steady connection, no a stable connection is nowhere to be found. I can not do anything at all on my PC. Even some sites are accessible but! there are also some that are that don't even have a secure line. I don't feel safe online anymore, and if this isn't fixed by today. I will be cancelling my contract with plusnet and looking for another provider  

haider87
Dabbler

Same issue in Oldbury, West Midlands... Check out the packet loss that started overnight ...

My Broadband Ping - Home
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

https://community.plus.net/t5/Service-Status/Planned-Network-Maintenance-Friday-9th-September-01-00-...

It could be connectedRoll_eyes

To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
bill888
Champion
Fixes: 38

Same here since turning on laptop at 7.30am. Speed tests reports are normal, but some websites either inaccessible or 'sluggish' to respond.

If I ping BBC, Google and my main router, I can see ping failures now and again too. Looks like packet loss?

I haven't tried disconnecting and reconnecting PPPoE session yet.  (4 days since last reconnect).

ex-Plusnet (ADSL, FTTC) 2008-2023. now BT (FTTP) 2023-
Game4life
Dabbler

But that to 7 right? It now nearly 8.30 and the connection is still shoddy.

DTEG
Rising Star

Sky's latest explanation is a "fibre cable break". Bit ambiguous whether that would be what's affecting everyone or more localised, especially given that it originally tracks back to yesterday. Interesting that more information emanates from them than BT/PN.

glenmarlow
Dabbler

Same in Torbay Devon this morning,router syncing at 55/10 ok but no traffic being passed with the exception of the odd Google search. Bt wholesale Speed tests indicate 0.2 mg on the occasions it finishes.
RRM
Rising Star

at least you got to the BT wholesale site to test your connectivity. My router showed 25.08Mbs down and 3.57Mbs up, I was getting nothing, couldn't even load google before I went to work! 

MykeUK
Grafter
Fixes: 1

My connection just came back, so you guys know.
DTEG
Rising Star

Yee-hah, yes we're back here too, it seems. Very fluctuating speeds, but probably not surprising initially.

delta777
Grafter

Not impressed with this at all, extremely slow internet from Plusnet is unusable at 8:30am.

Currently using my phone connection to get online. I've never been impressed with Plusnet Fibre broadband since I moved from Sky in June.

Leighton Buzzard, Bedfordshire

Alex2x
Grafter

Me to mate... Im in Plymouth. Same problem I am too connecting via my mobiles connection. 

I thought it was a problem with my setup although my speed is [-Censored-] at the best of times.

Havel
Grafter

My download speed was 104 Kbps... but literally as I'm typing this it's gone back up to 72 Mbps so maybe the problem is over. Milton Keynes area here.

Edit: although my upload speed seems to have been halved.