cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download dropped to 20MB after "upgrade" from Unlimited Fibre to Unlimited Fibre Extra?

RoggerJones

Download dropped to 20MB after "upgrade" from Unlimited Fibre to Unlimited Fibre Extra?

My upgrade to Unlimited Fibre Extra commenced yesterday and the upload speed has increased from 10Mb to 16.8Mb but the download speed has reduced from about 46Mb to 20Mb, almost as though there is a hard limit of 20Mb when doing a line test. I was on 40/10 before and getting pretty well 46/9 performance. My router stats currently show: Current Data Rate: 60.066 Mb/s / 17.939 Mb/s Max. Attainable Data Rate (ATTNDR): 60.356 Mb/s / 18.143 Mb/s My Plusnet portal says: Your broadband service Product: Unlimited Fibre Extra Estimated Download Range: 56 - 72Mbps Estimated Upload Range: 17 - 18Mbps Minimum Guaranteed Speed: 50.9Mbps Current Line Speed (Download): 21Mbps Do I just have to wait to see if the line will increase its download speed, or is there another reason for the limit that seems to have been applied?
2 REPLIES 2
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 395

Re: Download dropped to 20MB after "upgrade" from Unlimited Fibre to Unlimited Fibre Extra

@RoggerJones   sounds like another case of the PlusNet profile ( Current Line speed ) reverting to an ADSL profile on the upgrade ( see this thread https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/Download-dropped-to-20MB-after-quot-upgrade-quot-from-... )

Do you have a static IP ?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

tinytaco
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Re: Download dropped to 20MB after "upgrade" from Unlimited Fibre to Unlimited Fibre Extra?

@RoggerJones Together with our network partners at Openreach we will try to provide you with the best speeds possible. If you feel this is not the case, please raise your speed fault online at faults.plus.net

Noor
 Plusnet Help Team