Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download Speed Higher than IP Profile

andun84
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Download Speed Higher than IP Profile

I've long suspected my line is stuck. It does not respond in changes to sync rate that my router is showing. My IP Profile has been 55.57Mbps even though I've been synced at 59.99Mbps for over 25 days now. In response to previously complaints that the IP Profile and the Line Rate shown in my profile were different Plusnet artificially stuck my line rate 78Mbps from which it never moves and for which I haven't a hope in hell of achieving.
Today I see this which is very interesting. How can my Download speed be higher than IP Profile if there isn't something up with at the BT end which isn't dynamically managing my line as it should.
Download speedachieved during the test was - 55.99 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 40 Mbps-55.57 Mbps .
Additional Information:
IP Profile for your line is - 55.57 Mbps

Here's my router stats:
DSL Firmware Version	1.0.2.9
DSL Driver Version FwVer:5.5.1.131_B_A60901 HwVer:T14.F7_0.1
DSL Link Status
up
DSL Uptime
25 days 12 hours 17 minute(s) 22 seconds
DSL modulation
ITU G.993.2(VDSL2), G.998.4(G.INP)
ANNEX Mode
ANNEX B
SNR Down
5.0 dB
SNR Up
5.5 dB
Line Attenuation Down
10.4 dB
Line Attenuation Up
1.1 dB
Path Mode(downstream)
FastPath
Path Mode(upstream)
FastPath
Data Rate Down
59999 kbps
Data Rate Up
19999 kbps
MAX Rate Down
MAX Rate Up
POWER Down
13.7 dbm
POWER Up
5.5 dbm
CRC Down
CRC Up

Am I thinking about this in the right way?
7 REPLIES 7
redbull2k14
Grafter

Re: Download Speed Higher than IP Profile

When i had my Asus as a modem i too had problems with sync and ip profiles and it was always by about 4000kbps just like yours is.
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Our tests are showing a profile mismatch issue.
I'm just getting this raised for you now.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
andun84
Rising Star

Hi Matthew and thanks. Must have had notifications turned off on this thread as I didn't get any updates. It was only this morning when I got an email to say that I needed provide dates for a BT Engineer visit and got logged into my open questions to see the issue had raised on my behalf and it had been escalated. Only thing it says that I may be charged unless I have carried out any instructions given to me. I haven't received any so I guess I'm safe to book dates without fear of getting a nasty Christmas surprise or is there anything I should be doing before booking dates?
andun84
Rising Star

Ok BT Engineer was out to test the line. Found an issue on the block at the end of the row that my line come in from. Corrected the wiring in it. Tested the line. Hasn't affected the broadband. It's much the same as it was.
My modem has now resyned and I've attached the modem stats.
As you can see it's saying that I'm synced at 57.939Mbps however if we go to BT wholesale and do their speedtest we see this:
Download speedachieved during the test was - 53.58 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 40 Mbps-55.57 Mbps .
Additional Information:
IP Profile for your line is - 55.57 Mbps

Anything familiar there. Still the IP Rate is given as 55.57Mpbs. It just never moves from that no matter what.
Also my profile on Plusnet shows this:
Estimated line speed:
There's no speed estimate currently held on your account.
Current line speed:
78 Mb

However I would imagine that this will correct overnight if it's working or it will remain stuck as it has done for months now. We'll see I guess.
MelRocks
Grafter

Hi there,
We do see these types of issues sometimes when a fault is resolved. Within 48 hours, the speed should pick up by itself. The ticket is still with our Faults Team so they can monitor this and check this does occur and let you know the next steps if not. Thank you.
andun84
Rising Star

Ok finally got the time to go back to the openreach modem. Guess what the IP Profile on the BT side has finally changed after being stuck for months at 55.57Mbps. It is showing 58.01Mbps which is consistent with the sync I was seeing in my ASUS modem logs prior to swapping over. So looks the issue of the stuck rates is down the modem in the ASUS. I would love to see if it some setting that is causing the issue or if it is the modem in general with its current firmware that isn't quite playing right with BT however I don't want to risk getting my line hammered with assumed instability when it is in reality only testing so I'll leave it for now. I'll firmware updates and test those to see if the issue returns of it appears resolved.
I will have to wait and see if this modem is stable (the ASUS was rock solid) (though lack of stats will be annoying) and if the Plusnet Data Transfer Rate changes from the 78Mbps I've been seeing for about as long as the BT rate was stuck.
just an update in case anyone else comes across this issue and has this modem/router.
stuartgreen
Dabbler

Hi andun84, looks like I'm facing this same situation (http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,149067.0.html). Asus DSL-AC68U connected and rock solid but the IP profile shown on the BT side is considerably lower than it is with an Open reach modem. Openreach have been out three times now and said each time the line is fine. Are you still using the Asus for VDSL or are you using the Openreach modem?