Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download Speed Constraint Following Contract Renewal

FIXED
jack21
Grafter

Download Speed Constraint Following Contract Renewal

For Support Staff attention:

On 24 Oct I renewed my FTTC contract and have subsequently noticed that my download speed has been limited to 38M whereas it was previously 55M.....upload speed is unaltered at 10M.

I was moved onto 55/10M by Plusnet some years ago (2016?) after initially taking (something like) 40/20M.

At renewal, the CSA confirmed my line and higher speeds would not be affected and would remain at 55/10M. In fact, though the modem/router still shows a usual 55M sync rate, and the BT Line Profile is also unchanged at around 51M, speed tests from various sites now show speeds of 38/10M. So I suspect that something has changed as a result of the Contract Renewal (perhaps the Plusnet Line Profile) to cause this downstream constraint.

I trust that you will correct this glitch for me.

7 REPLIES 7
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Re: Download Speed Constraint Following Contract Renewal

Hi @jack21,

I'm sorry to hear that you've experienced this issue. I've not been able to locate your account this afternoon and so that we can take a further look into this I'd ask if you could please send me a Private Message across with your username attached?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
jack21
Grafter

Thanks Alex....PM now sent to you.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Cheers, I've just picked this up for you. We no longer supply a 55mbps fibre service which is why you've noticed that change. I'm sorry this wasn't covered with you before we went ahead with the change. What I can do is put an account type change in place to Unlimited Extra and put additional discounts in place to offset the extra cost. We'll need to wait until 18/11/19 for that to go through as changes are done on the following invoice date. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
jack21
Grafter

Thanks for the reply Adam; I know you've never offered 55mbps service to customers as a purchase option, but I wasn't aware that Plusnet were withdrawing the 55/10 package from people who already had been moved to it in 'compensation' as part of the 2016 packages reshuffle.

I am really surprised at this happening without any notice or announcement. Can you confirm that Plusnet is indeed now withdrawing the 55/10 service from all the customers who had been placed on it.

If it is being withdrawn, your kind offer re discounted Unlimited Extra is acceptable, thanks.

I'm still curious as to how the download speed has been limited to 38mbps when my actual line/sync rate is still 55mbps, even after a modem power-cycle this morning.

Cheers,

Jack

Beyhive
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 44

Fix

Hi @jack21,

Please ignore the previous advice by my colleague as customers that were upgraded to 55/10 should still be on it which is the case for you as well but it looks like our internal speed profile was not matching the speeds on the line but I have changed this for you now.

Please switch the router off and back on for this to take effect.

Faris
 Plusnet Help Team
jack21
Grafter

Thanks @Beyhive , that's made a positive difference, the download sync is still normal at 55mbp and a download speedtest has now increased from 38 to 48-50mbps.

I'm very glad that you say the 55/10 service will be remaining for those of us that were upgraded to  it some years ago - I'm sure that will reassure those affected.

Cheers,

Jack

Beyhive
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 44

You're more than welcome @jack21,

Let us know if anything changes please.

Faris
 Plusnet Help Team