cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Down speed has been limited to 42Mbps for over a year

dcbressington

Down speed has been limited to 42Mbps for over a year

I've had a problem with my down speed, this has been ongoing for probably well over a year now. (I've had several calls logged to have it looked at).

A few issues were found along the line and I'm told they were repaired, however the speed remains the same.

Previous to this I would get around 75Mbps. I did start to wonder if I'd had a cap applied to my speed, but alas I am at a loss.

I currently pay for the best fibre package Plusnet provides but with the lack of down speed I'm considering downgrading as I don't get the advertised speeds anyway.

I know for a fact the line is more than capable of better speeds and have been told this by the engineers.

Any help is most welcome.

Dave

3 REPLIES 3
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Re: Down speed has been limited to 42Mbps for over a year

Hi @dcbressington,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with your speed. I've tested the line today and discovered that there is a fault, however our testing doesn't show exactly where the fault lies. As this is the case, we'd need to ask that you go through our online troubleshooting guide to help rule out the possibility of the fault being located within the property. For reference, this can be found here. In addition to this, I would strongly recommend setting your router up within the test socket in the property, another guide for which can be found here.

Please let us know if these suggestions help to improve the speeds that you're receiving and we'll be more than happy to investigate the fault further should the problem persist.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
dcbressington

Hi Alex,

Appreciate you coming back to me.

I've previously tested using the test socket and a microfilter and it made no difference to the speeds, unfortunately.

The last time a BT engineer visited they mentioned a fault at the top of one of the telephone poles, but they had to wait for a cherry picker before it could be fixed. I haven't heard anything since then, and this was quite some time ago.

I'm positive that the fault isn't inside the property as each time an engineer visited they tested this and found no issue.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Dave

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hey @dcbrassington,

As this would be classed as a new faults investigation we'd need you to go through the troubleshooting steps again, if you have tried these and they haven't made a difference, could you raise a fault here so we get the ball rolling and engage our suppliers for further investigation.

Thanks.