Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Down Speed suddenly Halved LINE CHECK PLEASE

danludlow
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Down Speed suddenly Halved LINE CHECK PLEASE

Just logged on and found my down speed has suddenly halved from this morning. I've had the same down speed (37Mbps) for several weeks previously, this morning was a tad under 38Mbps (on BTW Performance test, should be logged with them still).
Please can you check my line and post the statistics. I assume there's a fault.
Thanks, Dan
5 REPLIES 5
Starmans
Grafter

Re: Down Speed suddenly Halved LINE CHECK PLEASE

BTW speed test conducted via a wired Ethernet connection?  Have you rebooted your modem and router?
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

since this won't be picked up until tommorrow
if you can post the results of the BT speedtest further diagnostics and the Plusnet Current Line Speed (link in my sig) we might have an idea what has happened
danludlow
Aspiring Pro

Have just rebooted Router which has increased speed to 28mbps from 17mbps. There's a lot of water fallen here (I've been away most of the day) Just possible that there was thunder, but no sign of power cut (I have 2 time clocks without backup on Ovens). Will re-boot Modem and hope that does the trick.
danludlow
Aspiring Pro

@Oldjim
PlusNet Current Line Speed: 40Mbps, Estimated Speed; 35Mbps @30/06/2015
BTW Performance Test: Download: 32.31 Mbps, Upload: 9.74Mbps (Normally 11Mbps Solid as a rock -Dan), IP Profile: 45.4Mbps
danludlow
Aspiring Pro

Found the problem! (hopefully) Mains LAN connection reset seems to have more or less restored speeds. Have switched WiFi back on and now speeds are steady too. (normal down graph is a straight bar, tonight it was like a range of mountains). Own goal seemingly, very sorry for causing any disruption, thank you for your help.