cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does my profile need tweaking?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Does my profile need tweaking?

I do not profess to know much, if anything, about how this works but do my profiles need tweaking? I've had an engineer visit this morning to fix my second line but the speed test isn't what it should be (with the results sent to the server). This is what I got about 2 minutes ago:

BT Speed Test Result

Does this mean my profile needs a tweak? If so can someone please do it.

13 REPLIES 13
oldjack
Grafter

Re: Does my profile need tweaking?

Be careful what you wish for. I was "switched" to the 50/10 profile from 38/20  .Eventually the switched occurred and I was receiving the 50/10 profile......at least for a short while  and now I have a BT profile of 14.26/10 ..I'm waiting to hear from Plusnet. I did notice on the Broadband speed test that my ISP is no longer Plusnet but Infonet Service Group which I bekieve is a company acquired by BT in the early 2000's.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@oldjack - Both my lines are on the 80/20 UFE package hence my query regarding my profile being on the low side.

What speed test are you referring to? Are you sure the Infonet Service Group weren't just the end point of the test?  I think you'd know if you'd moved provider, either that or your IP address is providing duff owner information.

oldjack
Grafter

Yep probably the Broadband speed tester mis- read.

Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

@Anonymous What does your Plusnet "Current line speed" say,  it should be around the same as your BTw IP Profile ie 67Mb if it's not you will be slower than you should be,  this could be the case if so live chat can adjust it for you.

https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry @Terranova667, I was distracted. Is this is what you mean?

Estimated line speed:
    There's no speed estimate currently held on your account. 
Current line speed:
    53 Mb 

If so I assume I need to have my profile reset, going by this.

Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

HI Mook yeah that's it and Plusnet need to adjust their profile as it's set lower than it should be. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I did think this and looking at my other line I suspect it could benefit from a reset as well.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

@Anonymous I've just updated the profile for you.

A disconnect/reconnect should do the trick.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @MatthewWheeler, thanks for that, I've bounced both lines and it appears to be better though I'm not convinced, I used the BTW test and pushed the results to you, as the upload is seriously questionable. Could I be suffering from this packet loss as mentioned in another thread?

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Both of your lines are on the old network so you shouldn't be affected by that.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for that @MatthewWheeler do you have any thoughts on the upload results they're nearly half what they should be.

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@Anonymous

Are you basing the upload speed solely on the BTW Speedtest?

The reason I ask is that the BTW test has been since February 2016 showing my upload speed to be around 6 Mbps when every other speedtest system will show it to be circa 20Mbps  (TTB, speedtest.net dslreports etc)

The only time it has shown the correct speed was in early June when I was connected via pcl-ag02 (212.159.2.167) for 2 weeks.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
Anonymous
Not applicable

That @SpendLessTime is what those on QoS would call a 'Good Shout', I've just done Ookla tests and you're right! The upload is way better than that reported by the BTW test, go figure.

Thanks for that, it was starting to annoy me. But with that said I'm still not impressed with the download speed of both my lines I know they can do better and have done in the past, and I've been assured it has nothing to do with the number of subscribers on the cabinet.