cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does FTTC really need a 10 day training period?

lyndonp
Grafter

Does FTTC really need a 10 day training period?

My son moved to a new place and signed up to Plusnet a couple of weeks ago for FTTC and phone with PN and was told a spare port for FTTC wasn't available so he went on the ADSL package until one became free. A week after being connected (including a phone engineer coming out to activate his phone line) he was told one was available and he would be switched over to FTTC last Friday 9th March. He was getting about 4mbs on ADSL.

Since being supposedly switched over his speed has not improved - he is using the std PN hub which was sent out.

He raised a ticket about it and has been told that low speeds are normal for the first 10 days as it attempts to find the best connection on FTTC. It was my understanding that wasn't the case on FTTC, plus, the speed hasn't improved at all and is actually worse.

Does FTTC to the cabinet actually need a 10 day training period and wouldn't you have least expected the speed to better than it was?

(When I swapped over in 2016 as soon as I connected up I got the faster speed.)

1 REPLY 1
JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

Re: Does FTTC really need a 10 day training period?

@lyndonp wrote:

Does FTTC to the cabinet actually need a 10 day training period and wouldn't you have least expected the speed to better than it was?

It shouldn't do, ask him to PM me his username and I'll take a look.

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager