cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does FTTC 70/20 renegotiate and reconnect every night by design?

Zak
Dabbler

Does FTTC 70/20 renegotiate and reconnect every night by design?

Switched to using Ubiquiti kit and get a massive insight into goings on in the network.

I get alerts every day to show the USG Pro 4 (basically dual WAN router) reconnects at 1:01am every single day. As it's a consistent time and in the middle of the night, it looks like it's designed to renegotiate, possibly to disconnect those whose plans have expired or been downgraded?  Can someone from Plusnet please confirm this before I create a support request with Ubiquiti for them to investigate?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Does FTTC 70/20 renegotiate and reconnect every night by design?

Hi there, 

No, we don't force any deliberate disconnections. If you dive into historical service status posts you might see some planned disconnections done in order to mitigate some network issues but it's extremely rare and hasn't happened for quite some time. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Zak
Dabbler

Thanks for the confirmation, this is literally every day at the same time so it can't be maintenance. It doesn't actually seem to disconnect, no packet loss around that time, but it's one thing that's been bugging me. 

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

No worries, have you got any devices of any kind that operate on a timer like central heating or a security system? 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Zak
Dabbler

I use Hive for my heating, but it's only the USG (Unifi Security Gateway) that disconnects and reconnects at the same time evry day, always 1:01 and other devices would report if they disconnected. Everything is running off a 3kW UPS so it's not a power issue either and the uptime is over 30 days which is how long I've had this kit.  

There are weird issues with the Ubiquiti kit, a lot of erroneous alerts.