cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does 24 - 72 hours include weekends?

Passmestick

Does 24 - 72 hours include weekends?

Hi,
New user to Plusnet, had my fibre activated last Wednesday and am extremely disappointed with the line speeds - paid for the Unlimited Fibre Extra after being advised my line could cope with the extra speed but I'm getting between 11 and 20 meg.
On Thursday rang support who seemed very helpful and agreed something wasn't right, and that BT would have to correct something on the line and Plusnet support would phone me when the work was done, this could take between 24 and 72 hours.
It's now Monday evening and no phone call and no improvement in the line speed.
Does anyone know if the 24 - 72 hours include weekends or am I being impatient?
After reading this forum and all the tales of woe I'm wondering if I made a terrible mistake going with Plusnet (really hope not)
Thanks for reading
John
10 REPLIES 10
alegeek
Grafter

Re: Does 24 - 72 hours include weekends?

Openreach do work weekends but they tend to handle emergencies or priority care cases over the weekend, I'd go on the basis of not including weekends personally when it comes to openreach Smiley
Although in the past they have fixed me up on a weekend Smiley (Mid Sunday afternoon to be exact)
Passmestick

Thanks alegeek, I'll hold my doubts about it being sorted, after all tomorrow's another day.
Cheers
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Please run the BT diagnostic speed test and post the results: http://www.speedtest.btwholesale.com/PerformanceTesterWS/diagnostics.do
Also, what is the Current line speed reported by https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
Those should give as an idea what is going on.
There should also be an open ticket listed at http://contactus.plus.net/ - that may tell you more what is happening.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi @Passmestick
Diagnostics aren't showing me anything obvious, however I'm going to flag your ticket up to our faults team so please expect a response soon.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Passmestick

Thanks Adam, I'm not able to access my PC until 5 tonight., be really nice if this could be sorted.
Cheers
John
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I'm glad to see this has been picked up as I requested and is being worked on.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Passmestick

Thanks again Adam, I've given timeslots for an engineer to call and await an appointment.
Cheers
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

No problem, I see we've got that booked in for tomorrow so please feel free to reply back after that if the issues are still ongoing.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Passmestick

Will do Adam.
Passmestick

BT engineer has been and fixed line faults.
Router showing Downstream 42.55 and Upstream 8.834,but BT Wholesale performance testing show Download 18.81 and upload 7.87 with a ping of 27.38.
Advised by engineer to keep testing during today and if no improvement to ask your selves to see if anything can be done.
Engineer also advised that maximum speed I'm likely to get will be about 40 . If this is the case will I be down graded from Unlimited extra to just Unlimited and have my monthly payment reduced accordingly?
Thanks