cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you want me to stay or not?

tonycollinet
Grafter

Do you want me to stay or not?

Hi - I've been with plus-net for a long time (out of contract for nearly a year now), and would like to stay - but I can save a lot of money moving to a competitor. The only way I can ask you to give me an equivalent offer is by phone, but your call wait times are too long.

Would you prefer I just leave or do you want to provide another route for the discussion?

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Do you want me to stay or not?

I'm afraid we don't make any contractual changes or deals via this medium, the best bet really is to call the customer options team on 0800 013 2632 where the queue as I type is 0.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
tonycollinet
Grafter

when was that? As I type, wait times are currently 30 minutes. Roll_eyes . I'd be happy for you to call me back. In fact, why don't you offer that as a service? Many call centers now register your place in the queue, and automatically call you back when you get to the front. Much less irritating for the customer, and no less efficient for you.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

I think the probable answer is that PN are not that bothered. You either stay without a contract, wait patiently to get through to see if you can get a better deal or leave. PN can always pay for another advertising session to replace you. Just don't try to apply logic!

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

dannyboy75
Rising Star

Like many companies these days, I don't think PN are that bothered about their 'churn' rate as long as, overall, there are more customers joining them than leaving.

It does seem short-sighted given that most new customers spend their first few months on a discounted package, but I guess the numbers must add up otherwise these companies wouldn't all pursue this strategy.

I agree the lack of reward for loyalty from existing customers is pretty poor, but sadly it just seems to be the way of the world these days. I know it'll never happen, but wouldn't it be refreshing to see a new ISP enter the market and offer you increasing discounts the longer you stayed with them.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Unfortunately we wouldn't be able to arrange a callback from the team you need to speak to.

As it currently stands the call queue for the Customer Option Team is very low. When you called the number Chris provided, did you follow the options for thinking of leaving?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet