cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do lines need trained?

FIXED
Community Veteran

Do lines need trained?

Not over familiar with fttc, I assume mine has been activated because my router stopped working the other day so I plugged in my new one and got working again. As you can see from the test I'm getting 5.7 but I was getting around 4.7 before upgrading. Do I need to let the line settle or do some reboots?

6 REPLIES
Fixes: 70

Re: Do lines need trained?

There is no training period with FTTC but keep an eye on it.

Customer and Forum Moderator.

To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Community Veteran

Ok, any reboots required or will it gradually raise without intervention?

ian007jen
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Fix

Try one reboot (in daylight tomorrow morning)

PN staff may have to un stick the profile

Community Veteran

Thanks, so pretty similar to normal ADSL then. That's what I would generally do, reboot early in the morning before the lines get noisy. I'll let you know how I get on in the morning.

Community Veteran

speed test.JPG

That's a bit more like it. I have noticed during the download test that the router makes a humming noise. I was aware that a problem existed when I was cruising the forum before signing up. Also appears to have the same problem with the BT hubs from what I understand. Has this been resolved anywhere or is it still an ongoing issue?

SpendLessTime
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 56

Plusnet Hub One is the same internally as the BT Home Hub 5 Type A, so has all the same issues (excluding FON). And given this design is several years old, the answer is No if the latest batch also make a noise.

Someone did say the noise only occurs when the 5Ghz WiFi band is used, but as people want speed, turning it off isn't the answer.