Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do lines need trained?

FIXED
AWB70
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Do lines need trained?

Not over familiar with fttc, I assume mine has been activated because my router stopped working the other day so I plugged in my new one and got working again. As you can see from the test I'm getting 5.7 but I was getting around 4.7 before upgrading. Do I need to let the line settle or do some reboots?

6 REPLIES 6
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Do lines need trained?

There is no training period with FTTC but keep an eye on it.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
AWB70
Aspiring Pro

Ok, any reboots required or will it gradually raise without intervention?

ian007jen
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Fix

Try one reboot (in daylight tomorrow morning)

PN staff may have to un stick the profile

AWB70
Aspiring Pro

Thanks, so pretty similar to normal ADSL then. That's what I would generally do, reboot early in the morning before the lines get noisy. I'll let you know how I get on in the morning.

AWB70
Aspiring Pro

speed test.JPG

That's a bit more like it. I have noticed during the download test that the router makes a humming noise. I was aware that a problem existed when I was cruising the forum before signing up. Also appears to have the same problem with the BT hubs from what I understand. Has this been resolved anywhere or is it still an ongoing issue?

SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Plusnet Hub One is the same internally as the BT Home Hub 5 Type A, so has all the same issues (excluding FON). And given this design is several years old, the answer is No if the latest batch also make a noise.

Someone did say the noise only occurs when the 5Ghz WiFi band is used, but as people want speed, turning it off isn't the answer.

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT