cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do Plusnet traffic shape Playstation network download traffic?

xreyuk
Grafter

Do Plusnet traffic shape Playstation network download traffic?

Having major problems with my PSN downloads, and wondered if you guys traffic shape this?
7 REPLIES 7
Randall8686
Grafter

Re: Do Plusnet traffic shape Playstation network download traffic?

The downloads are traffic managed but not to the point you should see any ill effect unless streaming/gaming at the same time
chrcoluk
Grafter

Official answer is probably no if you on the unlimited packages.
However I had a unexplained throughput issue (about 9-10% of line speed) which went away when I started using a proxy.  Thankfully the PS3 dash allows a proxy to be used.
AndyH
Grafter

Quote from: Xreyuk
Having major problems with my PSN downloads, and wondered if you guys traffic shape this?

Which DNS servers are you using?
xreyuk
Grafter

I've tried my own DNS server (which is what everything else in the house uses), Google DNS and OpenDNS servers.
I saw online that some people had luck with it, but it's making no difference for me.
Justin7
Grafter

I have heard various people complain about this on a different site since a recent firmware upgrade.  I don't think its a Plusnet issue rather a Sony os issue.
xreyuk
Grafter

Quote from: Justin7
I have heard various people complain about this on a different site since a recent firmware upgrade.  I don't think its a Plusnet issue rather a Sony os issue.

Thanks, unfortunately it's been this way since I got it. Gone slightly slower on the latest firmware, but it's always been like this.
ghos7em1
Grafter

dont pick just any dns servers download namebench and it will find best dns servers for you.plusnet do traffic shape downloads from xbox.com and psn but they will never admit it.use wireshark and you will know for sure  Wink