Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do IP Profiles reset automatically?

buntings1
Dabbler

Do IP Profiles reset automatically?

Hi,
I cant seem to find a definitive answer to this one.
Following some line dropping issues the connection sync speed dropped dramatically ( ie from around 45mbps to some 33mbps ) and the IP Profile dropped accordingly ( to something around 31mbps).  I dont have a note of the original profile - however it was at the top end for the 40mbps connection and BTW speedtest always came out around 37mpbs
Now, everything is solved and over a period of days the exchange has ramped the connection back up  - the modem is reporting
"Max: Upstream rate = 9063 Kbps, Downstream rate = 44288 Kbps"
and its actually achieving
"Bearer: 0, Upstream rate = 9063 Kbps, Downstream rate = 39999 Kbps"
Eveything is nice and stable - however the downstream speed is being throttled by an IP profile of just 32.41mbps (BTW speedtest currently is showing 31mbps down).
So my question - does the IP Profile reset itself or is it automated, if automated what are the timescales for the % increase I am talking about?
( I have been feeding this information back to support via the online fault report - however the last update from Plusnet was last Tuesday so Im not even sure they have noticed! )
Thanks.
Gareth

3 REPLIES 3
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Do IP Profiles reset automatically?

Yes, line management is entirely automated on fibre and usually takes around 72 hours.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
buntings1
Dabbler

Thanks for the info.
One of your team did look at it yesterday, decided the profile was "stuck" and gave it a shove.
The connection is now runing as expected  Smiley
Thanks
deathtrap
Grafter

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
usually takes around 72 hours.
Wow 72 hrs to update a shadow IP profile , surely you must be mistaken ?  The main BTW  IP profile does this within seconds  usually