cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disgusting Wait Time On The Phone Help Line. Over TWO HOURS.

canavp

Disgusting Wait Time On The Phone Help Line. Over TWO HOURS.

Just spent over TWO hours listening to Christmas music trying to get through to their help line guys. Said on their webpage that it was open till 10pm, But they still continued play music after 10:05pm. What a way to treat what will soon be a EX CUSTOMER if they don't answer in a timely manner Monday morning.

https://www.speedtest.net/result/10623537683

10 REPLIES 10
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: Disgusting Wait Time On The Phone Help Line. Over TWO HOURS.

@canavp welcome to the forums. That wait is unfortunately how they seem to work atm. You are actually better off describing your problem on the forum, where there are quite a few knowledgable customers who can possibly help you.

Looking at your speed test results, though, can I ask - are you actually on an ADSL or FTTC connection?

John
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Are you actually on an ADSL or FTTC connection?
Got to be FTTC with that upload speed

@canavp first thing you need to do is  an official Bt speedtest using a wired connection at https://speedtest.btwholesale.com

The dsl stats from the Helpdesk page of the router would also be useful. Assuming it's a Hub one then goto Troubleshooting->Helpdesk

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jab1
Legend

@MisterW That's why I asked, but I assumed FTTC anyway - in which case I'll be leaving it alone.

John
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

@jab1 I was really just confirming what I assumed you assumed

As you say, more information and people on here may be able to assist. First thing PlusNet are going to ask for is the BTw speedtest, so @canavp might as well get that done

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jab1
Legend

🤣🤣

John
canavp

Fibre To The Cabinet. Speeds are normally Downlink at 36-37Mbps and Uplink 9-9.5Mbps.regardless of time of day or night. Thinking back in time I believe that it had been that slow for a few days prior to Sunday, when I eventually had the time to look at the slow speed problem and do something about it. As a retired Computer and network engineer. I did all the checks they would have asked me. Reset the router to its default settings with no improvement of speed. Even changed the filter. The Openreach Aluminum wire to the master socket had been replaced by Openreach with copper wire a while back, when I first sighed up with Plusnet. I did check BT and Plusnet's own speed checks along with Oakla as with the same results.

Last night it was: https://www.speedtest.net/result/10623537683

About 0100hrs, this morning the speed came back to almost normal. This mornings speed check was:

https://www.speedtest.net/result/10625660908.png

Just disgusted that they say on their website that their help line closes at 2200hrs and it it fact carried on playing Christmas music to well over 2200hrs. No notification of where I was in their stack of unanswered calls. At 2200hrs they did not shut my phone call down it just continued playing the music!.

No doubt they will blame COVID-19 for this, but even if their call centre was shut down, the should not have caused call being ignored as technicity it is possible for their people to work from their homes.on a help line.

I left Both Sky and TalkTalk because of their poor Help Line service. Now I'm looking at another alternative ISP.

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat) Duplicate post removed.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
canavp

Very slow speed last night about 7Mbps download and 9.25Mbps upload. By this morning it was almost back to the normal 36Mbps download and 9.5Mbps upload. This evening its dropped right back down again. Spent over two hours on the Help Line phone number last night and apart from continuous Christmas music no one answered my call.

Tonight it dropped again. What the heck is going on????Huh

1608586440426411855.png

Above tonight's result.

Done everything the website suggests including changing the filter and doing a factory reset on the router to no avail.

Why is it doing this. Plusnet don't bother to answer their phone help line and I don't really feel like wasting another hour or more waiting for then to answer my phone calls (which they do not seem to bother with). Their online chat facility is not available each time I've looked. Cant even find a email address to send them a email on their website. How the heck does one get in touch with them???????

198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

@canavp wrote:

Their online chat facility is not available each time I've looked. Cant even find a email address to send them a email on their website. How the heck does one get in touch with them???????

Can't help with your main problem, but to save further frustration and searching, the online chat facility was withdrawn about a year ago, though references to it are still on some pages of the website, despite many complaints on these forums.

As for emails, Plusnet have never accepted them for customer service queries, at least not since I joined in 2008.

As you've discovered, getting through to the call centre is very hit & miss, so your best bet is to hope to get an answer via the forum.

There are some knowledgeable customers willing to help, and who knows, you may even get a reply from a Plusnet staffer, who do sometimes frequent the forums.

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from ADSL Broadband to Fibre

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'