Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disgusted with plusnet!

FIXED
sebjo
Grafter

Disgusted with plusnet!

i have been with plusnet since 2013 or 2014, and even bring referral, when after those years loyal to them i dare asking to upgrade my old system ( open reach box + crappy technicolor ) for a hub one the only thing i heard was £99 + £6.99 postage , so new client get last vdsl router while loyal older customer with referral gotta pay full to have decent hardware?

way to go plusnet , you'll probably get new customer ,but you won't have me renewing my contract ,way to make people proud .

14 REPLIES 14
azc
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Disgusted with plusnet!

You can get a new PlusNet Hub One from eBay for about £20, or a BT Smart Hub (which can be used on PlusNet) for about £40

Mav
Fixes: 514

Have you tried ringing the Customer Options Team on 0800 013 2632 selecting option 1 then option 2 (If you are thinking of leaving)?

They may be able to offer for the cost of P&P although you may have to recontract.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

sebjo
Grafter

i found a bt smart hub ( hub 6 ) on ebay for £25 , i have been on the chat i could recontract in march ( contract end in june ) ,but i could not wait untill march since my actual router seems a bit on the dying side ( can take between 7 and 15 min to reconnect once restarted ) unless it's on plusnet side of the loggin server ,no idea ,nevertheless i will have to think if i will recontract or not ,this past year has been hectic with +net ,between long and constant disconnect , to loads of loss packet , to my streaming ( netflix , youtube , amazon prime ) always buffering.

thank you for the info anyways  

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi there. I'm sorry to hear of your experience and of the advice you were given.

As you're still in contract, I'll be happy to send out to you the Hub One for the P&P cost of £6.99

If you want to go ahead still, please let us know.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
sebjo
Grafter

will this be added to my next bill ,or pay upfront? 

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

I believe it will be added to your bill, if you agree to getting it.

Its always worth having a spare router, helps rule out so many checks and issues if you do have problems. A quick look at the diagnostic help page, and keeping a record of it also can help.

petecov23
Dabbler

@sebjo wrote:

will this be added to my next bill ,or pay upfront? 

You would be a fool as the HH6 is far superior! It's what I use the hub one is pants. so flaky and unstab;e 

sebjo
Grafter

might have to take the hub one to start , the hh6 i wanted on ebay is gone , waiting for another good deal Smiley

spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

@sebjo If you decide to take up the offer of a Plusnet Hub 1 for the P & P cost I think it will require a separate card payment, and not be added to your bill.

David
sebjo
Grafter

It's ok i just need to know beforehand Smiley

Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

For £6.99 I would go with that option.

Saves having two devices plugged into the house instead of one for a start, and an extra free plug socket Smiley

Also, the wireless seems much better than the Thomson router we had. On the laptop we had upstairs sometimes it'll be fine and sometimes it'll drop out. I went from standard ADSL to Fibre so I needed a new router anyway.

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@spraxyt wrote:

the P & P cost I think it will require a separate card payment, and not be added to your bill.

That's actually changed in the past few months and P&P payments are added to an invoice Wink

@sebjo I was about to get a router sent out to you but I see you've since discussed this with someone else and it's been added today. We always have to advise 3-5 working days for delivery, but they're sent out via first class post. Hopefully you're not waiting too long for that to arrive Smiley

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
sebjo
Grafter

Yes tank you, after gandalf proposition , i went online and talk with someone who ordered it Smiley

thank you anyway

Merry X-Mas 

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Fix

Sorry for not getting back to you in a timely manner. I've been out of the office for a few days over Christmas.

I'm glad to see we're sending you a new router for just the postage.

Merry Christmas to you too!

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet