cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disgusted with new upload speed after package changed without consent

martin2006
Grafter

Re: Disgusted with new upload speed after package changed without consent

@Anoush Hi, i am just completing the online application to change my fibre and phone to BT, before i press the go button, can you confirm whether or not you can offer me the upload speed i had previously please, if you can i won't change, if you can't then I will change to BT ? i appreciate this doesn't really matter to you as BT own plusnet I just want the best service i can get and from the days of my 28K dial up modem up until now, every change has been an improvement and I don't expect to be going backwards.

Many thanks

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

My colleague Bob has this on his To Do list to look into for you.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
martin2006
Grafter

@Anoush i would hope his to do list isn't too long, it will be a shame to move away from plusnet as i have been with you for longer than i can remember but if you can no longer offer a competitive product then i guess that is just the way it is.

I presume BT are just attempting to swallow plusnet up back into the fold

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

We've identified your service should be provisioned on 55/10. We're in the process of getting this done for you.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

@martin2006, are you particular about the static IP you have or would you be OK moving to a dynamic IP address?

Edit: Ignore the above. I've placed a modify order to shift you to the correct provisioned product (55/10) which should complete tomorrow.

I've also identified that you have an artificial upload restriction applied at our side. I've removed that too.

Let me know if you're still encountering difficulties.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

martin2006
Grafter

Hi, I don't need a static Ip as far as i know, i think that was something I tried when i couldn't access my work VPN but it turned out to be some setting on the plusnet portal if i recall correctly.

edit, I didn't see your edit, i will keep you posted, thank you

martin2006
Grafter

@bobpullen @Anoush

All seems to be good now thank you, please see attached results, i would appear to gained some download also going from the 40/2 to 55/10 and upload has returned to where it was.

I just need to sort out the pricing now moving forward but I can do that via my account.

Thanks both for your help.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

Awesomeness, happy to hear it.

No problems, though apologies for the major dissatisfaction caused.

martin2006
Grafter

That is ok, thank you for resolving itSmiley

Many thanks to all who posted their advice, without the forum i would have changed suppliers.

martin2006
Grafter

Well i was away for a day and when I came home tonight i had trouble getting on the net, I rebooted the router and managed to get on briefly and had the attached results then couldn't get on at all. I phoned up and was advised to turn the router off for an hour after a hard reset and it seems to have returned to some sort of normality after i put all my settings back in although download has reduced to low 30's but better than the test on the attached.

Bit strange, never had that before.

i have noticed on the BTW test that the max upload now is 10 as before it had always been 20 and the max download has reduced from 43 down to 35

What does the Actual INP value mean on the router stats please as there used to be a value for the download, I have heard of G.INP but i cant remember what that means either?

Thanks

martin2006
Grafter

@bobpullen @AnoushMy Zyxel router won't connect to the internet anymore, I phoned support last night and did a hard reset and put settings back in but it had stopped working before the hard reset. it worked ok for a while last night and this morning and then when i got home tonight, same thing as yesterday, no connection.

Have any other settings been changed that would have stopped my zyxel router from working. the speeds got slower and slower until it wouldn't connect at all. if i try and connect the orange fibre light comes on, then flashes then goes off and then starts all over again. it had been working earlier today.

i have connected my BT modem and plusnet router and it seems to be working again although my download is around 12 mbps. My zyxel router did this yesterday after i turned it off for a while and then when i came home today it wouldn't connect again.

Have any settings been changed that would stop my Zyxel working. i noticed in my plusnet router settings it is showing as a static DNS and my Zyxel is on dynamic and set to auto, i think that is correct terminology?

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Nothing has been changed that should affect your connection Huh

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

martin2006
Grafter

It would be a bit strange that it would develop a fault at the same time the settings were changed but my plusnet router and BT modem is working ok but my line profile is dropping and my download is down to 6 Mbps on the BTW test. I'm going to leave the plusnet router connected to see if it stabilises and take it from there. The upload is fine but the download has now gone to pieces

Anoush
Aspiring Hero

I agree with Bob. All we've done is removed the speed restriction from your account. We have also modified your service to 55/10 so this may explain why the BTW speedtester shows a max upload of 10 as opposed to 20.

martin2006
Grafter

Thanks for the reply, i can't work out what has happened to my Zyxel router, it had been working fine but now if i try to use it all the lights come on but then the orange VDSL light goes out, it then flashes and then stays on for a few seconds and then goes off again and just keeps repeating? there is now internet symbol either. When i phoned the girl said my router was making too many requests or something. 

I am just in the process of trying to find out on another forum what could be causing it.

i will also try updating the firmware. the plusnet router works but the wifi is not as good as my dual band zyxel so all my tv and other hardware won't work as the signal is not strong enough to connect to my WNCE 3001 wireless ethernet adapter downstairs.

i have wasted days and days on this ......