Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disgust by Plusnet Provisioning team

FIXED
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Disgust by Plusnet Provisioning team

My parents has complaints about no broadband internet just after 2pm. I went over to their house to check the broadband connection, shocking to my own eyes, there is no DSL Sync rate at all, nothing on the line. I have to phone them up and they say what happen is their broadband has been downgraded from fibre extra (80Meg) to unlimited fibre (40Meg) but someone placed error on the order to put my parents on the ADSL. So, the provisioning team is to submitted a new order to placed for unlimited fibre (40Meg) to put it back on but have to wait for activation date of 12th July approved by BT. Now, my parents got no broadband at all, the provisioning team say there should be standard broadband on it (ADSL) but there is no sync rate nothing at all, I did try on Netgear ADSL router, did try Plusnet Hub One, all the same. No DSL connection, no Sync rate, nothing. So, why can't the supplier put back on BT urgent matter to check ADSL on the line, but they can't do that and has to raise the fault on the line (72 hours to wait for the fault team to pick up ticket) but very disappointed overall by Plusnet.

There should be a proper training to do the order (upgrade or downgrade) they made a mess of it and say nothing can do about it. My parents are OAP. They pretty very upsetting and can't communicate with family on internet etc video chat, email, tv catch up and netflix etc.

How can PN made a mistake? Placed an order for ADSL but suppose to be on Unlimited Fibre (40 Meg) as the account was set up for unlimited fibre correct but the modify order was incorrect for ADSL but no DSL sync rate, all disconnected.

The reason of downgrade because of cost saving on unlimited fibre (40 Meg)

Found this from service notice:

Service Notification
1:17am, Thursday 6 Jul 2017
User account type changed from Unlimited Fibre Extra to Unlimited Fibre

Service Notification
2:19pm, Thursday 6 Jul 2017
An update report has been received for this account.

The broadband service has now been successfully regraded to up to 24Mbit/s speeds

Service Notification
2:19pm, Thursday 6 Jul 2017
An update report has been received for this account.

The broadband service has now been successfully regraded to up to 24Mbit/s speeds .

UPDATED: Just found on dsl checker on my parents line:

There is an open order on your line which is due to complete by 19-Jul-2017.

WHAT THE HECK! MY PARENTS CANNOT HAVE NO DSL BROADBAND FOR 13 DAYS, REALLY FUMING!

39 REPLIES 39
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Disgust by Plusnet Provisioning team

Sorry to hear of their poor experience.
Mind PMing me the username and I'll investigate this tomorrow?
From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

I inbox u now.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for your PM last night.

First of all I'd like to sincerely apologise that their line was downgraded to ADSL in error. I believe I have identified why they're unable to connect to the internet at all.

If they're still using the router we sent them, that would be incompatible with ADSL. As a gesture of goodwill, I've sent a Hub One to them which they should receive within the next few days. That would also work with fibre once it's reconnected.

Many apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

Hang on, my parents is borrow my Hub One and still not getting any ADSL on the line. There is no ADSL sync rate! Trust me I know what I am doing. I went to helpdesk under hub one setting and look up the sync rate on the hub one and there is no connection at all. I think the problem is down at the exchange where BT never activated ADSL on the line.

stats from the hub one if you visit http://192.168.1.254 then click troubleshooting and then help desk. There is no sync rate nothing at all from the stats.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Apologies, I missed that part in your initial post.

In that case, we'd need to arrange an engineer visit to investigate this.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

Ok, but however do send hub one for my parents to keep it. At the moment they borrow mine because they don't have a spare one (router) also we did try other router such as Netgear that support both VDSL2 and ADSL/ADSL2/ADSL2+. The line is stay disconnection from the exchange. I think you should check it out with BT via echat to make sure the line does have standard ADSL2+ on it until Fibre put it back on the 19th of July. There is nothing wrong with the routers, hub one etc. It's just that line got no LIVE broadband on it.

If hub one can't connect to ADSL/ADSL2/ADSL2+ and Netgear modem router cannot pick up ADSL/ADSL2?ADSL2+ then there is something else that the broadband isn't live on the line was down to the local exchange where BT probably never activated it.

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

My only suggest is can you ask BT Supplier to re-order ADSL2+ for midnight tonight and once the line is activated ADSL2+ on it, them placed another order to get Unlimited Fibre back on the line because I think BT will rejected the order for ADSL2+ because there is open order for the fibre to put it back on the line on the 19th of July, which it take a long time to wait for 2 weeks.

In this case, I do genuine believed BT haven't put ADSL2+ on the line since yesterday after 2pm when the line of the broadband went off! No Sync rate at all from the exchange. Sending out engineer will not resolved this because the broadband isn't active on the line.

Please note:

Hub One still power on, still with orange light on but red icon still flashing on and off until ADSL2+ is re-activated on the line.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

As the line is testing as ADSL2+, we don't have an option to re-order it I'm afraid.

We'll need to arrange an engineer visit to investigate this. Once they reply to the ticket or the text I've sent, let us know on here and we'll get it booked in for you. The ticket is: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=153139368

Anoush

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

Here is proof of screenshot that showing no DSL at all, nothing! The Hub One is connect to master socket in test socket

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Appreciate that. That's what I'm seeing too. Your line is testing as ADSL2+, but the circuit is not in sync.

As per my above response, we need to arrange an engineer visit to investigate further.

I apologise for the inconvenience caused.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

We have reply to the ticket. Please ensure the engineer isn't going to charged my parents because it not their own fault. The hub one are fine. We did try three routers all the same. NO DSL at all. Hopefully the engineer will switch the ADSL2+ back on the line until unlimited fibre is put it back on 19th July.

My parents got a payment of £31.75 as she was charged for broadband but got no broadband since yesterday after 2pm until engineer visit.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks, that's booked in for you now.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

Thanks. Will my parents get refunded for no broadband service from yesterday after 2pm until it resolved by engineer next week.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

We'll make sure they're refunded up until the fibre order completes.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet