cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disgraceful lag on fibre

Wulberto
Dabbler

Disgraceful lag on fibre

I have fast fibre and the lag or fluctuation in the signal is just ridiculous!  The speeds say it's fine getting the proper speed but when a mobile phones hotspot running the sam game on the same device is ten times better than the wif "it's iOS gaming" then clear.y there  is a huge problem. Tried everything possible channels different router even bought adapters to use my iPad thru Ethernet it's exactly the same unplayable. Yet a vodaphone hotspot from a mobile phones puts it too shame so it's not the game and it's not my iPad Pro either. My advice to anybody even considering joining plusnet is do yourself a favour and and avoid at all cost. 156% middle variance while downloading the Data sent from the website during the test. All firewalls and anti virus disabled. The website says the closer the numbers on each download the better. From 2.2mbps upto 56mbps. Hardly consistant. But they do a speed test with zero data load and proclaim your connection is perfect lol. Please choose sky or virgin media. My contract can't end soon enough to get away from this disgraceful service. I mean really, mobile phone hotspot is miles better lol what a joke!!!!!!Test me.netTest me.net

5 REPLIES 5
legume
Rising Star

Re: Disgraceful lag on fibre

The bottom graph isn't showing your results.

The top graph is yours and we can't see it all. If the scale on the top graph is mbit/s then the test is showing impossibly fast  results hence the large variance.

Wulberto
Dabbler

Actually the downloads at the bottom are my stats that's what I was pointing out not the graph. It's simple a mobile phones hotspot should never be ten times less laggy on the same game and same device as the useless wifi and it's not signal strength either, I bought an android tablet to set best channels and my signal is really strong between 40 and 45 Dbm or what ever it is. The router is 4 feet away from my device. Also the log shows constant client associated client dissociated and loads of blocked packets. Plusnet's own fire wall is blocking traffic because I disabled my router firewall and still could see these blocks.

legume
Rising Star

Ahh, OK.  I don't have any Plusnet kit so can't comment on wireless issues.

I have read on here that with the hub one, giving 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands different names can help some devices.

NonPluso

Hi, 

I have been having exactly the same issues with Fibre - lagging while using on a mobile and pretty much every other home device appears to 'hang' when loading something as simple as a Facebook page or photos which on a mobile network takes seconds, can take up to 2 minutes... I've got to the point where I just turn off wifi and use mobile data... why should we have to do this when we pay for a router which is supposed to function?

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @Wulberto 

Can you please confirm if you are using the Plusnet supplied router or your own hardware? 

Thanks

Alisdair