Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disconnects

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Disconnects

@santi Excellent that's good to see 😻 even though your speeds may have dropped slightly.

(P.S. Sorry for the odd emoji, I'm just playing around with the new emoji's that seem to have been released today 😁)

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
penfold
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

@santi .. I really feel for you. I appear to be having the exact same problem as you. Had it for years, firstly on ADSL, which I thought was solved by moving to fibre, and therefore a dodgy E side. Was stable for age's, but they started again. Changed router, and removed mk3 faceplate and moved to a dangly filter in master socket. Stabilised for months after, and just recently started again. Engineer out, said line A1, changed NTE and new mk4 faceplate. Cured for a month or so, now started again. Have hub 1 on now, new engineer visit, who found a potential issue on the pole and changed the module. Stabilised for a day and the day after loads of disconnects. Stabilised again albeit at a lower rate. Stable for a couple of days, had 1 resend at 1.30 thus morning, and sync gone back up, so maybe this was a DLM resync. Fitted a new surge protector extension to the router power supply, and now just awaiting the next flurry if disconnects. Maybe it's a port issue. Still awaiting feedback from plusnet on both my ticket and forum post. 

I have no idea what's causing this as it's totally random.

santi
Rising Star

@penfold It's a tough one to deal with, especially as I work from home time to time so a minute disconnect has an impact on Skype calls etc. I see how for normal day to day users it isn't as bad.

So far the lift and shift for me has seemed to make my line more stable. My SNR never drops to 3db now, and seems like DLM has locked my speed down to 55meg sync rate on the router (where as the stats show 65meg max sync rate). This then has a knock on effect on attainable download speed, which is under 50meg for me now. This is all within BT limits so can't complain too much if it actually gives me stable internet.
santi
Rising Star

@Gandalf Ignore my previous post - seems like the disconnects are still there, and now my speed has dropped below what I deem acceptable, and possibly what below what my line can handle? I'm now syncing at 13.54 Mbps / 49.00 Mbps, but when I do a test on the BT wholesale perfomance (hard wired via ethernet):

Download speedachieved during the test was - 24.2 Mbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 40 Mbps-43.26 Mbps .
 Additional Information:
 IP Profile for your line is - 43.26 Mbps

DSL line checker states my limits as:

Featured Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Handback Threshold(Mbps)

WBC FTTC Availability Date

WBC SOGEA Availability Date

Left in Jumper

High Low High Low        
VDSL Range A (Clean) 68.8 47.5 17.4 11.2 42.1 Available Available --  
VDSL Range B (Impacted) 67 44 17 10 36.6 Available Available --

Just wondering what is going on now.. have I been lifted and shifted to another dodgy port?

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Thanks for getting back to us @santi, I am sorry to hear that the issue is not resolved and that you are still experiencing an issue with your connection.

The speed does look fine from our side, however I can see it has dropped 3 times in the last 24 hours. Please can you raise the a fault here and let us know on this thread so that we can get this picked up for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
santi
Rising Star

@SammyM I already had a fault ticket open for this issue, can we not just carry on that one?

Also why does the BT speed test show my IP profile as 43 Meg?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@santi Unfortunately the ticket 193901577 closed on Saturday after the usual 14 day period of inactivity. Your IP profile is showing as 43mbps because your line is in sync at a speed of around that (46.9mbps). The IP profile will always sit just below the physical sync speed of your connection.

I've reported a new fault for you on your behalf Here and progressed this with our suppliers as line tests are showing a "Battery Contact" fault somewhere along the line. I'd expect an engineer to go out by 24/10/19 23:59:59 to investigate further.

Let us know how it goes.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
santi
Rising Star

@Gandalf cheers for this. As before I don't mind lower speeds although abit higher than 40 meg as it's what's I'm paying for end of the day, as long as my line is stable.

Hopefully the engineer can solve the issue. Is it possible to reset my DLM after he carries out the work?
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem @santi, fingers crossed it's a quick fix this time. The engineer may carry out a DLM reset upon completion of the engineering work but if your speeds are artificially restricted we'll arrange for a remote reset to take place.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @santi It looks like an engineer has been out today and changed the pair at the D (distribution) side of the exchange. Our tests are showing your router now getting a line speed of 62.8mbps.

I've updated a profile on your account to match this, could you reboot your router letting us know how your speeds look?

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
santi
Rising Star

Hey @Gandalf just got home and restarted the hub. So far so good, I'll let it settle for a while now. Many thanks for your help
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hey @santi, that's good to see, long may it last! 😬

But let us know if you need any further help. 

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
santi
Rising Star

@Gandalf line has been stable. Only restarts being the DLM increasing my sync speeds Smiley

It seems as if my profile is stuck again? My speed is capped at around 50Mbps(sync gone up to 70Mbps). I did try the online chat to see if they could quickly check and save you some time, but doesn't seem like they were aware.

Although if keeping the ip profile as is beneficial to the stability of my line then please keep it as it is.

Thanks for your help on this issue Smiley

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @santi Looking at the past 7 days, your line does indeed seem to be stable:

image1572897173702

Our tests are showing your router in sync at an even better speed of 67mbps and there's no banding on the line:

Profile Name 0.128M-80M Downstream, Retransmission Low - 0.128M-20M Upstream, Error Protection Off

Having said that, the profile on your account changed to 58.2mbps on 27th which was likely due to a resync around then, and I suspect the drop on the 30th was when your line sync'd back up at 67mbps.

So it looks like your account profile hasn't yet caught up yet, I've given it a nudge now. If you can reboot your router or just do a disconnect/reconnect from your router's interface you should see an improved speed.

Sorry that it doesn't appear that this was spotted by the adviser you chatted with earlier.

Let us know how it goes.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet