cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disconnects

santi
Rising Star

Re: Disconnects

@Gandalf any news if anything happened today?
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

@santi Sorry for the delayed update. Upon checking the fault report I can see we've been asked to arrange another engineer visit to investigate further as they've confirmed the LLUMS case to be resolved but they're seeing the line is dropping sync. Could you reply to the ticket Here with further availability when you'd be free?

I'd start from this Thursday so we can pass this back to our suppliers escalation team and also escalate this to team manager level due to the repeated number of engineering visits that we've arranged.

Apologies for the continued inconvenience caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
santi
Rising Star

@Gandalf I've sent my availability for next week. Thanks
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Cheers @santi, I've booked the engineer for a week today and I've also emailed our suppliers escalation team requesting this is looked at team manager level due to the amount of engineers we've been sending out.

We'll follow up when we know more/after the appointment.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
santi
Rising Star

Hey @Gandalf just wondering if I'm able to delay the engineer visit to Friday the 4th AM. Something may be coming up at work where I might not be able to work from home.

But let me know if not and I'll sort something out so I'm home that day.
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @santi,

We'd be happy to look into this. Just before we can do so, please can you respond to the open ticket on your account confirming that you would like us to go ahead with this? For reference, the ticket can be found here. Please let us know once you've responded and we'll be happy to pick this up for further review.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
santi
Rising Star

@TheMightyAJ replied to the ticket, thanks!
MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

@santi - I've done this for you and updated the ticket accordingly 

Kind Regards, 
MoR

santi
Rising Star

@MasterOfReality @Gandalf Engineer just left. Test results from within my house were crystal clear as previous engineers founds, but at the cab it was dropping a lot he said. Changed me to a new "card" and port (you guys will know more than me) and said to see how this one goes for 10 days. 

Are there any settings that have to be reset to maximum/default from plusnet sides of things so we can give this new set up a fresh start/test?

Thanks,

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @santi Upon reading the very brief engineer notes, my initial thought was that the port/card at the cabinet has already been changed/repaired twice before, but based on what you've said that the line was proven to be dropping at the cabinet I'd hope that you won't experience any further problems.

If you do continue to experience drops, we'll get this raised back through to our suppliers escalation team (Already at operations manager level, the highest we can go) requesting an engineer investigate further.

Reading all the engineers notes we've received, it doesn't look like they've renewed the drop wire coming into your property yet or renewed your master socket although if I'm wrong, let me know.

There's also a possibility this may be REIN although based again on the engineer's findings today it's probably not. 

I've checked the settings our side and I've increased the speed profile to match your new sync rate of 57mbps (From 54mbps). If you can disconnect and reconnect your connection, you may see a slightly higher speed.

I've also noticed your speeds were previously high up in the 70's although with the speed estimates of your line being between 47mbps and 68mbps, we'd struggle to get the current speeds investigated unless they things keep dropping.

Fingers crossed things remain stable moving forward, but feel free to let us know if you notice any further issues.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
santi
Rising Star

Thanks for the follow up

Im happy with this speed ranges to be fair, in the past I've always speed tested around this mark anyway. I recall once before the port at the cab being changed which gave me a speed bump.. but can't remember the 2nd time that had happened. The last engineer, prior to this one, said he didn't change it over as all the other ports in the cab were faulty. I was under the assumption he would come back and move me over once the faulty ones were fixed (maybe that happened today).

Also to confirm my drop wire hasn't been renewed. I believe they have swapped over the pairs at the top of the pole. The master socket had been changed pretty early on when I signed up (to the socket with one telephone socket and one DSL). Although everytime an engineer looks in there, he just confirms that as there are no extensions so that shouldn't be the cause. Master socket is literally right as the drop wire enters my home.

I'll keep monitoring, but hopefully things are golden now. Today's engineer didn't see the drops from the old port in this new one. So fingers crossed!
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for the clarification @santi 

My understanding is that the port you were on before today was just repaired, although it's difficult to find out definitively. It's good (in a way) to see they've detected problems again on this port and moved you onto a different one.

If your line starts dropping again, it may be worth us requesting again the drop-wire renewed as that seems to be the last quality check which hasn't been carried out yet, and also push for the cabinet to be investigated as by my reckoning you've been moved to a different port twice now and another port has been repaired.

Having said that, hopefully as you say things will be golden moving forward! Let me know how it goes.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
santi
Rising Star

@Gandalf I've just been keeping an eye on my router logs these past days and I've noticed that my router has lost connection once or twice (or more) since the engineer visit.

The graph you guys can see will tell you more if the problem has persisted after the engineer visit I guess?
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@santi That's disappointing to see, do the drops you've seen match up to what we're seeing below? If that's the case, it's probably worth keeping an eye on things as there's not enough drops at the moment to re-raise a fault with our suppliers.

image1570643110931

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
santi
Rising Star

@Gandalf I may have spoken too soon, been online solid for over a week now. Seems the trade off was speed for stability, so far worth it!