Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disconnects

santi
Grafter

Re: Disconnects

Hello,

If possible since the start of my connection if doable. If not the past 1 year would work. Longest time range would be ideal in trying to guestimate if there is any other interferences
santi
Grafter

@MasterOfReality Another disconnect tonight so something is definitely going wrong somewhere..

Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 689

Thanks for getting back to us @santi 

I'm sorry to see you're still seeing disconnections. While in theory we can choose any start/end date when bringing up records in our connection logs I've only ever seen maximum of a year brought up. I've selected the date your service was first provisioned as the start date but the earliest the log is showing is 28/08/18. 

Your connection is fairly intermittent and there are more drops than I'd say is normal, my recommendation is to report a new fault at http://faults.plus.net, we'll arrange another engineer and raise an escalation with our suppliers to get this thoroughly investigated end to end. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team
santi
Grafter

@Gandalf thanks for the report. I've raised a fault ticket aswell.
santi
Grafter

I've also been doing some reading. My router stats are currently:

Maximum data rate: 15276 / 76476
Noise margin: 5.8 dB / 3.2 dB
Line attenuation: 18.8 dB
Signal attenuation: 0 dB / 18.8 dB
VPI / VCI: 0/38
Modulation: G_993_2_ANNEX_B

Do you think the 3.2db noise margin may be an issue? I've seen others having intermittent issues where the DLM is set up so it assumes the line is not as stable and set to 6db? Is this something we should try or let the engineers investigate the actual issue first?
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 689

Thanks for getting back to us @santi It's possible the 3dB noise margin may be causing the issue but I'm afraid we've no remote control over this for a fibre line. I've just added a reply onto the new fault ticket https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=193901577 you've reported. Could you let us know once you've responded with your availability for another engineer visit? I'll then ensure an escalation is raised to get this investigated further.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Anoush Mortazavi
 Plusnet Help Team
santi
Grafter

@Gandalf I've responded to the ticket thanks
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 80

Thanks @santi,

I've booked your engineer appointment now and have added the details to the ticket here. Please let us know if this needs rearranging.

Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
santi
Grafter

@EmilyD thanks for this. @Gandalf did mention he would raise an escalation once the engineer is booked.. just wondering if this has been taken care of aswell
Highlighted
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 18

Hi @santi,

I can confirm that an escalation has been raised and we will keep an eye on it.

Faris N
 Plusnet Help Team